Start the New Year Off Right with a Trip to the Finger Lakes
The Finger Lakes region in the winter time is truly a winter wonderland. Glistening snow blankets the ground and trees, providing a beautiful scenic view for locals and visitors alike. The crisp, clean air ushers in a new year and a new opportunity to do all of those things you’ve always wanted to do, but put off for a better time.
Well, there’s no time like the present. This is your time to get away for a few days and replenish your mind and spirit. This is a great place to relax and make plans for what you want to accomplish this year. When it comes to places to stay in the Finger Lakes, check out local Finger Lakes luxury rentals.
Bargain Bash on The Seneca Lake Wine Trail – Various Wineries
Explore the Seneca Lake Wine Trail this January and take advantage of some amazing bargains while you’re enjoying wine tastings, food and the scenery. Over 20 wineries are participating in this year’s event. Save up to 50 percent on some of the best wines in the Finger Lakes. Visit senecalakewine.com for more information. January 9 to January 18.
Seneca Lake Wine Trail: Pasta and Wine Weekend
Wine and pasta dishes are one of the great culinary pairings that you just can’t ever get enough of, and this pasta and wine weekend offers you a chance to enjoy this pairing as you visit wine country. Sample pasta dishes and select wines during your self-guided tour of the many wineries on the trail. Tickets: $40 per person. Visit senecalakewine.com for more information. January 15 to January 17.
Celebrating Diversity: The Museum of Play – Rochester, NY
Looking for a creative way to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day with your kids? Head on over to the Museum of Play to enjoy an energetic poetry presentation and an encore performance of Rainbow Fish: A Shiny New Musical. Visit museumofplay.org. January 18.
The Wizard of Oz: RBTL – Rochester, NY
Come along with Dorothy and her colorful friends the Scarecrow, Tin Man Lion as they make their way down the fabled yellow brick road. The Wizard of Oz is a treasured tale loved by young and old, and this live version is a whole lot of fun for the entire family. For ticket information visit rbtl.org. January 19 to January 24.
Create Your Own Wine and Fragrance Tour – Ithaca, NY
Everybody has unique taste when it comes to wine and perfume. Here’s an opportunity to try your hand at creating something delicious and something that smells divine. Tour includes a wine blending class at Damiani Wine Cellars, a fragrance blending session and a taco truck dinner at Atlas Bowl, followed by group bowling. Fee: $165 per person. More information at experiencefingerlakes.com. January 23.
Get 2016 off to a great start by booking a luxurious Skaneateles lake vacation home now.
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Autumn is the Perfect Time to Bring the Family to the Finger Lakes
- There is Still Plenty of Time to Enjoy Summer in Skaneateles
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Planning a Visit to Skaneateles This Summer, Spend Your Nights in Luxury and Privacy at Evans Lodge
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- Now is the Time to Think About a Summertime Finger Lakes Vacation
- Enjoy the Changing Leaves with a Skaneateles Vacation Rental Weekend Getaway
- “Staycations” in the Finger Lakes Becoming More Popular
- Why Stay in a Stuffy Hotel When You Can Enjoy a Luxury Vacation Home
- Start the New Year Off Right with a Trip to the Finger Lakes