Autumn is the Perfect Time to Bring the Family to the Finger Lakes
Fall is for families! There’s just something about the gorgeous weather, pumpkin-spiced goodies, fluffy blankets, and smores that makes autumn the perfect time of year to make memories. This season, we all could use a little extra time bonding with the kids and cooling off after the summer heat. Why should you consider a Skaneateles luxury vacation rental this autumn?
It depends! You can start new family traditions like visiting a corn maze or picking pumpkins. Take a scene drive-through the fall foliage and share a few pictures of your adventure online with your friends and relatives with the click of a button. Today we’ll be covering a few reasons why it’s time to visit the Finger Lakes and some of our family-friendly activities.
Usher in the Change of the Seasons
Most Finger Lakes lovers agree that October is the best time of year for leaf lovers to visit and take in the sights.
Picture this. You and your family are enjoying a 3 day weekend at an amazing home on the east side of Skaneateles Lake. In the mornings, you grab a warm cup of coffee and watch the changing leaves from the dock of your lakeside luxury rental. This afternoon, you’ll take the kids apple picking and hopefully enjoy a slice of homemade apple pie from your adventure that day. Tomorrow you’ve planned a whole day of zip lining and pumpkin-spiced treats at Bristol Mountain Fall Sky Rides Adventures Park! You can take the photos of the family zip-lining through the autumn leaves to your fridge or in a special spot above the fireplace.
What are you waiting for?
Finger Lakes Fall Festivals
The Finger Lakes region is home to some of the most amazing family friend fall festivals in the country. When families stay in one of our vacation rentals in Skaneateles, they get to live in the heart of the action.
In October, the Cohocton Fall Foliage Festival features local arts and crafts for kids, the young at heart, and great food from local vendors. Children can meet adorable animals at the petting zoo and see the village greens from a horse-drawn wagon.
The Hilton Apple Festival is also in October because it celebrates the apple harvesting season in the Finger Lakes region. There’s an auto show for car lovers, crafts, and food booths for the entire weekend. There’s no charge for admission, entertainment, or parking, making it a great option for families on any budget.
It’s Not Too Late!
We were only able to cover a few of the amazing family-friendly activities you can enjoy this fall. If you’d like to find a luxury vacation rental in the Finger Lakes and take advantage of the autumn season, then you’ll need to act fast.
At Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals, we can help take care of the hard part for you. We’re family-owned and operated and are always here to answer your questions. From finding the perfect home to planning a relaxing family getaway, we’ve got you covered. Ditch the hotel or motels this fall, and make some last lasting memories with us in a luxury rental. We’ll be waiting!
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Autumn is the Perfect Time to Bring the Family to the Finger Lakes
- There is Still Plenty of Time to Enjoy Summer in Skaneateles
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Planning a Visit to Skaneateles This Summer, Spend Your Nights in Luxury and Privacy at Evans Lodge
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- Now is the Time to Think About a Summertime Finger Lakes Vacation
- Enjoy the Changing Leaves with a Skaneateles Vacation Rental Weekend Getaway
- “Staycations” in the Finger Lakes Becoming More Popular
- Why Stay in a Stuffy Hotel When You Can Enjoy a Luxury Vacation Home
- Start the New Year Off Right with a Trip to the Finger Lakes