There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
The end of summer is here and students all over the Finger Lakes region are heading back to school, but the start of the school year doesn’t have to mean the end of the vacation season. The fall season in the Finger Lakes offers many opportunities for your family to enjoy our region and Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals has the perfect Finger Lakes vacation rental getaway waiting for you.
There are plenty of other interesting things to see and do around the Finger Lakes this month. This is a good time to stay in one of our luxurious vacation rentals in the Finger Lakes.
All You Can Eat Chocolate Party – Ithaca, NY
If you love chocolate, head on over to Life’s So Sweet in Ithaca for some fantastic Finger Lakes chocolate. A golden ticket gives you access to an amazing array of delectable treats at the chocolate buffet. Sweet treats include dark and milk chocolate candies. In addition, you get to choose one soda fountain special. This event takes place on September 5, between 6 and 9 pm. Ithaca is only a short drive from one of our luxury Skaneateles vacation rentals.
Glorious Grape Day – Romulus, NY
Experience the many ways one can enjoy the flavor of grapes at this tasty event hosted by Varick Winery & Vineyard. It’s the perfect day to relax and enjoy sampling wines made at the winery, and a variety of delicious foods such as grape cookies, grape cheesecake, grape pops and other grape-inspired treats.
Pinball Playfields Exhibit: Museum of Play – Rochester, NY
This is your last chance to check out 80 amazing years of pinball history. This fun exhibit follows the evolution of pinball game machines and game play. Have a ball playing retro and modern pinball machines. View playfield artifacts and design your own playfield. Last day to enjoy this exhibit is September 7.
Leaves & Lobsters on the Lawn – Dundee, NY
Enjoy succulent lobster with fresh clams, corn on the cob, salt potatoes, coleslaw and homemade brownies at this mouthwatering event. Or, choose the a la carte menu featuring chicken sandwich, sausage with peppers and onions, hamburger, cheeseburger and clams, with sides and dessert. Steve Southworth & the Rockabilly Rays provide live entertainment on Saturday. On Sunday it’s Bob’s Brother’s Band. Tickets are required.
19th Annual Purple Foot Festival at Casa Larga Vineyards
Kick off your shoes and help celebrate the start of grape harvest time by joining in on some old-fashioned grape stomping. There’s plenty of fun to be had during the day, including a vineyard hayride, winery tour, wine, Sangria, beer and spirit tastings, kid’s maze, crafts and much more. Tickets are required for adults to attend this fun event. Tickets are available at Casa Larga Vineyards website, wine shop and Wegmans. People under 21 attend for free.
No matter what your interests are, the Finger Lakes region has something for you during the fall season and we have the perfect Skaneateles vacation rental where you can stay as you check out all that the area has to offer.
- The Finger Lakes Region is Beginning to Gather Again
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Treat Yourself to a Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Today
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- There’s Still Time to Book A Vacation Getaway Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- Top Places to Visit in the Finger Lakes Region
- There is Plenty For Mom to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Spend the Weekend Visiting the John D Barrow Art Gallery
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams