There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
June is here and there are so many wonderful events in the Skaneateles Lake area. With the Finger Lakes of Otisco, Skaneateles, and Owasco all lined up in close proximity, there are plenty of activities to enjoy this summer.
As a destination point, you will find a wide variety of places to stay in the Finger Lakes. Skaneateles luxury rentals located in the lovely village area boasts some of the most well-appointed, Finger Lakes vacation rentals that will make you call your place home.
So without further ado, here are some excellent, must-see events that will keep you coming back for more.
Finger Lakes Events June 2016
Plan your days around some interesting activities and enjoy all that the Finger Lakes have to offer.
Geology of the Finger Lakes
June 16th, 2016
The Finger Lakes Boating Museum in partnership with the Schuyler County Historical Society presents Geology of the Finger Lakes Looking for the answers as to how the Finger Lakes developed into such beautiful lakes and scenery? Join us at the Human Services Building, 323 Owego Street, in Montour Falls on Thursday, June 16th at 7:00 P.M. as Pete Robbins discusses the rich history of the place we live and love.
Pete Robbins is a retired Earth Science teacher and Superintendent of Haverling School District, making him the perfect person to describe some of the science behind the area! FLBm lectures come to you at no cost, so even if you decide to attend at the last minute, we would love for you to join us. RSVP’s are appreciated! Check out our website (www.flbm.org) to see all of the other upcoming workshops, courses, and lectures that the Finger Lakes Boating Museum has to offer!
War of 1812 and Jane Austin Weekend
June 18th, 2016
The historic village at Genesee Country Village & Museum comes to life June 18-19 with re-enactors portraying shopkeepers, housewives, merchants and soldiers. Enjoy the lively sounds of fifes and drums; see cannons and muskets try to hit their mark; clap along to Austen-era dancing; play yard games; and visit with craftspeople in the village. Enjoy performances by Old Fort Niagara musicians, dance demonstrations and a daily Jane Austen fashion show. 10 am- 4 pm
June 25th, 2016
1410 Flint Hill Rd, Mumford
This special festival at Genesee Country Village & Museum celebrates the culture, history and traditions of the Scots and Irish through musical performances by regional pipe bands, dance demonstrations from local schools and an array of authentic food and drinks. 10 am- 4 pm.
From Here to Eternity
June 29th, 2016 – July 20th, 2016
The US premiere will launch right here in Auburn at the Merry-Go-Round Theater! Sir Tim Rice’s New Musical from London’s West End! It’s 1941 in Honolulu, Hawaii. The men of G Company are restless and disgruntled. One of their own, the rebellious but soulful Private Prewitt falls for escort club girl, Lorene and his platoon sergeant embarks on a dangerous affair of forbidden love with his commander’s wife. As the infamous date approaches, the claustrophobic world of the four lovers and the desperation of the soldiers of G Company splinter amidst an escalating war. Sir Tim Rice’s new musical makes its US premiere right here in Auburn. Don’t miss this epic, sweeping story of love, redemption and hope set against the backdrop of a beautiful but conflicted paradise. Rated R.
Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals
While you are planning out the exciting event destinations here in the Finger Lakes, remember to make your reservations early for your vacation here. Skaneateles luxury rentals has your very own beautiful private home waiting for you! We are thrilled to offer some of the most gorgeously located properties for your consideration.
When you’re looking for places to stay in the Finger Lakes area, take a look at our luxury vacation rentals and make your reservations today. Wishing you a splendid, happy and exciting vacation in the Finger Lakes!
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?