The Finger Lakes Region in October
October is a fantastic time to be in the Finger Lakes region. Fall has arrived in full force and there is a crisp, freshness to the air that is invigorating. The scenic beauty is so abundant in this area that many people enjoy taking a drive just to enjoy the natural sites. This is an ideal time of year to take advantage of Skaneateles luxury rentals just so you can observe the splendor of seeing the bright orange, red and yellow colors on local trees. Seeing the eruption of fall colors and celebrating the season is something that is always done best in person.
The Finger Lakes area in October is a time of year to discover local culture, food and wine in a refreshingly down to earth way. Central New York State has a thriving agriculture and fall is the time of year to celebrate the apple harvest. Several local communities hold apple themed festivals featuring the best of the crop. October is also time for fall festivals that feature food, music and loads of fun. This being wine country, there is always a wine tasting event that allows visitors to sample excellent vintages.
For a completely unique experience, go on a tour of local art studies to get a glimpse of how artists create their amazing work. This is a rare opportunity to meet an artist up close and personal and see how a piece of artwork comes to life. Another form of art that thrives in this region is the theatre. During your stay, check out the local theatre productions to see excellent Broadway shows and more.
Fall Festival in Skaneateles:
The beautiful village of Skaneateles holds its annual fall festival. Some of the highlights are riding in an authentic horse drawn carriage, and making a scarecrow in Clift Park. The entire village is decorated for this special event. Reserve your Finger Lakes vacation rental and then Stroll the local galleries and shops and enjoy food and wine near scenic Skaneateles Lake.
Charades: Acting Out On The Hangar Stage:
The celebrated Hangar Theatre in Ithaca, NY is holding a special fundraising event that is loads of fun for both audience and performers. Local personalities compete head-on with Broadway performers in a hilarious charades competition. Each team must get the correct answer to improvised clues acted out by a team member. This is lighthearted entertainment at its best. A Skaneateles vacation rental is just a short stay away from this fun Finger Lakes attraction.
Downtown Ithaca Apple Harvest Festival:
Each year, Ithaca, NY celebrates a bountiful harvest of fresh, delicious apples with this wonderful seasonal event. Over 100 local vendors offer fresh-picked apples, apple baked goods, apple cider and a wide variety of tasty treats. There is live entertainment, handmade arts and crafts, games, rides and more.
Newark Valley: Annual Apple Festival:
Newark Valley has an old-fashioned apple festival that features farm fresh apples, all sorts of apple treats, delicious food, horse and wagon rides, handmade crafts and more. A special treat is watching demonstrations of authentic blacksmithing, cider pressing, hearth cooking, candle and soap making and spinning and weaving the way it was 200 years ago.
Downtown Ithaca Oktoberfest:
Kilpatrick’s Publick House, a popular pub and restaurant in downtown Ithaca, NY, plays host the this very special Oktoberfest event. Enjoy tasting a variety of amazing locally brewed beers, great wines and delicious food while listening to live musical entertainment. Attendees must be at least 21 to purchase tickets for beer and wine.
Syracuse University Football:
Don’t forget about the Syracuse Orangemen football team, this year they have switched to the ACC conference so new and seasoned fans alike now have a chance to see them play in their new conference. Several of our Skaneateles rentals are located within easy driving distance of Syracuse, so what better way to spend a weekend “tailgating” and then coming home to one of our Finger Lakes luxury rentals.
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?