April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
Finally, we’ve made it through the winter and April has arrived! If you’ve been getting cabin fever and looking forward to getting out and about, this is the time to start making plans. Visiting the Finger Lakes region? Perfect timing to connect with some awesome lodging rates with Skaneateles Luxury Rentals. Why stay in a busy motel/hotel when you can have your own space and feel right at home?
Once you have obtained some wonderful Finger Lakes vacation rentals, and chosen the most appealing one for you, it’s time to set up your plan for sightseeing and participating in local events.
April really is the start of something special in the area, and the favorite, hands-down, is the opening of Ithaca’s Farmers Market at Steamboat Landing.
APRIL 2, 2016
Ithaca Farmer’s Market
Steamboat Landing, Ithaca, New York
A highlight of spring in the Finger Lakes–the opening of the Ithaca Farmer’s Market at Steamboat Landing on the southern tip of Cayuga Lake! The Market is open, rain or shine, Saturday mornings from April through December. All market vendors live within 30 miles of Ithaca and offer a true taste of the region’s rich beauty and heritage through homegrown goods, produce and handmade crafts and gifts. See how the locals have been spending their weekends for 43 years!
Moving along through the exciting options in the area, find some of the most sought after wine tastings along the way.
APRIL 22-24, 2016
Spring Wine & Cheese Weekend
Seneca Lake Wine Trail
Celebrate spring in the Finger Lakes with a wine and cheese weekend on beautiful Seneca Lake! Take a self-guided tour around the Seneca Lake Wine Trail and visit participating wineries. Collect a gift and recipes along the way, as you sample fine local wines paired with regional cheese-themed dishes.
What a wonderful way to spend the weekend, wandering from winery to winery and enjoying the spring scenery. Can’t imagine a more delightful time.
And on the last weekend of the month, you will not only enjoy another amazing wine tour, but have the opportunity to see the spring blossoms along the way.
APRIL 30-May 1, 2016
Keuka in Bloom
Keuka Lake Wine Trail
Experience the magnificence of spring in the Finger Lakes at the Keuka in Bloom celebration! Visit participating wineries along the Keuka Lake Wine Trail, sample world-class vintages and herb-inspired foods, and collect one flower and one herb from each winery along the way. Head home with fabulous wines, great recipes and 16 plants just in time for spring gardening!
Be sure to check out other local events with your lodging proprietors and the Chamber of Commerce. You will be so happy to have visited the area at this perfect time of year.
Whether you are a resident of the Finger Lakes region or visiting the area, you are sure to find excellent places to stay in the Finger Lakes, abundant restaurants, and entertaining events that will provide you a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.
Remember to plan ahead and book your next visit with Skaneateles luxury rentals and relax.
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Treat Yourself to a Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Today
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- There’s Still Time to Book A Vacation Getaway Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- Top Places to Visit in the Finger Lakes Region
- There is Plenty For Mom to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Spend the Weekend Visiting the John D Barrow Art Gallery
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams