5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
Skaneateles is a quaint and historic area in the Finger Lakes. There are numerous activities that attract tourists and neighbors alike. Skaneateles Lake is pristine and offers abundant swimming, fishing and relaxing areas. Boat charters and excursions are sought after; you will want to get your reservations in early!
Finger Lakes vacation rentals has been a mainstay in Skaneateles and offers exquisite private homes for your lodging needs, whether a quiet place to escape to or a welcoming family entertainment option. Forget the stuffy motels, and consider how Skaneateles luxury rentals could turn a ho-hum vacation into something amazing.
Skaneateles Brings History Alive
Skaneateles is a town in Onondaga County, New York, United States. The population was 7,209 at the 2010 census. The name is from the Iroquois term for the adjacent Skaneateles Lake, which means “long lake.” The town is on the western border of the county and includes a village, also named Skaneateles. Both town and village are southwest of Syracuse, NY.
The village consists of a small commercial core with quaint surrounding residential streets; the downtown area sits immediately on the lake. There are three publicly accessible parks on the lake within the downtown area. The main commercial streets in the village are Genesee Street (U.S. Route 20), Jordan Road, and Fennell Street. Genesee and Jordan streets, the core of the Skaneateles Historic District, are noted for their mix of mid-19th and early 20th century retail buildings which today contain a mix of retailers, including restaurants, boutiques, real estate offices, and banks. Fennell Street, which has a more industrial history and was the alignment for the railroad spur that served the village until the mid-20th century, contains more of the village’s car-oriented retail stores, including a supermarket, pharmacies, and post office. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaneateles_(village),_New_York
Skaneateles Village Welcome You
Village attractions include boat excursions, inns, restaurants and a spa, as well as boutique shopping and art galleries. The summer Skaneateles Festival of music is a seasonal event, as is the annual Skaneateles Antique and Classic Boat Show and the Dickens Christmas in Skaneateles with actors in period costume performing on the streets.
Experience the year round beauty of Skaneateles, and our warm hospitality. If coming from afar, be sure to book a room at one of the many cozy inns, motels, hotels, or B&B’s. In our historic downtown district, shops and galleries are housed in restored buildings dating back to 1796. Browse for unique foods, distinctive fashions, original art, home accessories, a special antique. Relax at a restaurant or tavern; the atmosphere may be casual and lively or quietly gracious, but the menu is always tempting. Skaneateles is home to a thriving residential and business community, and host to thousands of visitors and vacationers each year. We hope you will feel like Skaneateles is your home away from home.
Skaneateles Historical Society
Fridays and Saturdays, 1-4 pm
July-August Fri-Sun, 1-4 pm
Thanksgiving-Christmas, Fri-Sun, 1-4 pm
Research assistance available Fridays, 1-4 pm
28 Hannum Street
Skaneateles, NY 13152
John D. Barrow Art Gallery
49 E. Genesee St. Skaneateles, NY 13152
Seward House Museum
33 South Street Auburn, NY 13021
Annual Music Festival
Skaneateles Music Festival
August 10 to September 3
This promises to be a “remember when” summer at the Skaneateles Festival…
– Remember when the lights came up on the orchestra atop the new Robinson Pavilion at Anyela’s Vineyards?
– Remember when the stage shook with dancers for the first time?
– Remember when Wynton Marsalis sounded the first chord with his 15-piece orchestra?
We have filled this season with music to linger in your memory long after the Festival ends. While some moments will be grand and glamorous, others will be intimate, surprising, haunting, peaceful.
Let the music take you places you’ve never been, and where you never thought you’d go.
The Finger Lakes region of New York State is renowned for a variety of fine dining options. Our luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals are conveniently located near several restaurants featuring local fare in the Skaneateles area.
The story of Anyela’s Vineyards began three generations ago in Eastern Europe and continues today on the hillside high above Skaneateles Lake. The Nocek family combines its viticultural experience with the cooler climate patterns and fertile soil to grow our select grapes.
Plan to Stay
We look forward to welcoming you to Skaneateles. There are many places to stay in the Finger Lakes, but none so well appointed as our private homes here at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals. Your visit here in our area is most welcome and we wish to provide you with happy and lasting memories for years to come.
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?