November Around the Finger Lakes
By late fall the Finger Lakes region has transformed into an intriguing place where dried leaves blanket the ground underneath naked tree branches. The sky above reflects the moody weather. Birds fly south in perfect formation. The brisk air is filled with the anticipation of the upcoming holidays.
With the warm weather gone, are there still interesting things to do?
For anyone that enjoys the fall season, the Finger Lakes are teaming with all sorts of fun activities. Take advantage of one of our Skaneateles rentals that feel like a home away from home. The lake views are fascinatingly beautiful this time of year. While in the area visit a crafts festival, discover tasty holiday recipes, join or watch an 8K run, spend time at a holiday festival, indulge in an elaborate wine dinner or watch a local parade.
Holiday Cooking 101 – Aurora, NY
Explore the wonderful world of holiday cooking during this class that focuses on preparing traditional meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Get great tips on meal preparation and execution. Sip wine while preparing roast turkey, prime rib and side dishes with expert chefs. Feast on what you’ve made with fellow classmates. November 8.
Holiday Festival of Crafts – Syracuse and Rochester, NY
The Upstate New York region is rich in folk art tradition. Schedule your Skaneateles lake vacation stay to see a wide array of handcrafted goods such as toys, furniture, clothing, pottery and more. All items made by local folk artisans. Sponsored by the Rochester Folk Art Guild. Syracuse: November 8 – 10. Rochester: November 29 – December 1.
Holiday Showcase – Owego, NY
The Historic Owego Marketplace is located in a charming village that sits near the Susquehanna River. The village is hosting a holiday festival that includes entertainment, great food and special sales and discounts on items featured at 80 unique shops and restaurants. November 9 from 10am to 5pm.
Snowzilla 8K Run and Kids Candy Cane – Owego, NY
Running enthusiasts have a great time at this event whether there is snow or not. The run starts at the Pleasant Hill Country Club and winds its way through a mostly flat course. Lots of beautiful scenery to enjoy while running. All runners receive a free embroidered fleece neck gaiter, water and other refreshments. Proceeds go towards the Tioga County beautification efforts. November 30.
Ithaca International Fantastic Film Festival – Ithaca, NY
The Cinemapolis Theater and Cornell Cinema are hosting this imaginative film festival. Fantastic films from all walks of life are shown to genre film fans. This year’s 35mm print retrospective is dedicated to Dan O’Bannon, best known for writing the screenplay to Ridley Scott’s Alien film masterpiece. Concerts and parties are also part of the fun. November 13 – 17.
Chateau Maris Wine Dinner – Aurora, NY
Enjoy an amazing 5-course dinner featuring the best wines from the world-renowned Chateau Maris in France. Chat with the staff of Chateau Maris while indulging in this culinary tour of organic French wine. November 16 and then top it off with a weekend stay at on of our luxury Finger Lakes rentals.
20th Annual Cayuga Lake Wine Trail’s Holiday Shopping Spree – Romulus, NY
Wine tasting combined with shopping – what could be more fun? This tantalizing wine trail tour includes a whopping 16 wineries. There are four winery starting points: King Ferry, Long Point, Montezuma and Six Mile Creek. Tour includes a discount shopping card and souvenir wine glass. November 22 – 24.
World’s Smallest Christmas Parade – Skaneateles, NY
Come and watch this charming old-fashioned parade inspired by Charles Dickens famous Christmas story – A Christmas Carol. You could watch the parade from the porch of your very own Skaneateles Lake vacation rental because the parade starts on Fennell St. at noon and ends at the Sherwood Inn. November 29.
The Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals staff is available to answer all your questions and help you schedule the perfect fall getaway at one of our vacation homes for rent in Skaneateles New York and elsewhere around the Finger Lakes region.
- The Finger Lakes Region is Beginning to Gather Again
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Treat Yourself to a Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Today
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- There’s Still Time to Book A Vacation Getaway Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- Top Places to Visit in the Finger Lakes Region
- There is Plenty For Mom to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Spend the Weekend Visiting the John D Barrow Art Gallery
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams