There is Plenty For Mom to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
Anyone planning to hang out in the Finger Lakes area of New York in May should consider going on a wine tour. With warm weather and plenty of sunshine you’ll be able to relax and enjoy a stroll through wine country before the busy season hits. Mother’s Day is another fantastic time to take mom, grand mom or that special woman who has nurtured you in some way out for a day she’ll never forget. If you’re looking for places to stay in the Finger Lakes, luxury vacation rentals are a great way to enjoy local hospitality while living in true comfort.
Best of Seneca West Wine Tour – Geneva, NY
On this very special wine tour you’ll meet and learn from some of the areas most respected and talented winemakers, and taste Finger Lakes wines of exquisite quality. German born Johannes Rienhardt shares his passion for wine making as you tour Kemmeter Winery. At FLX Wienery, you’ll chow down on delicious burgers, hot dogs and hand-cut fries paired with craft beers. Next, is the Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyards, a top American producer of Riesling wines, and then make your way to Red Tail Ridge, a world-class winery that has been featured in the New York Times. The tour departs from Geneva on the Lake at 1001 Lochland Rd. (Rte. 14), Geneva, NY and Belhurst Castle, 4069 Westlake Rd., Geneva and goes from 10:30am to 4:30pm. May 9.
Mother’s Day Cruises – Canandaigua, NY
Spend Mother’s Day cruising down beautiful Canandaigua Lake aboard the Canandaigua Lady, a classy cruise boat with upper and lower decks. Buy an adult ticket and mom rides for free! Narrated cruise times are: 10:30am-12:00pm, 12:00pm-2:00pm, 2:30pm-4:00pm. Kids 2 years and younger ride free. For ticket information call: 585-396-7350. May 10.
Mother’s Day: A Celebration of Chocolate – Mumford, NY
Ever wonder what is was like to live in a 19th century country village? You can find out by visiting the Genesee Country Village and Museum. The village is celebrating mothers with activities that highlight a mother’s special role in family and village life. Adults: $20, Kids: $12, Moms: Free. Open from 10:00am to 4:00pm. May 10.
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview: Annual Mother’s Day Lunch – Elmira, NY
Many families look forward to celebrating with mom at this annual event, and this year is no exception! Buffet items include: bacon, sausage, omelets, home fries, glazed ham, grilled chicken, Beef with Au Jus, side dishes galore and yummy desserts. Adults: $19, Kids 5-12: $9.95 and Kids 2-4: $3.95. Reservations recommended. Call 607-734-0402. May 10.
Ventosa Vineyards: Mother’s Day Brunch – Geneva, NY
Scenic views and fresh country air are part of the brunch experience at Ventosa Vineyards. Treat the special woman in your life to a marvelous brunch featuring: homemade soups, salads, a breakfast station, omelet station, meat stations, plenty of sides and decadent desserts. Adults: $26.95, Kids 5-12: $13.95. Reservations required. Call 315-719-0000. May 10 and finish your weekend off with a stay at one of our Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals.
Sip ‘n Paint Mother’s Day Party – King Ferry, NY
Uncork mom’s inner artist while sipping fine wine at Treleaven by King Ferry Winery. The whole family is welcome to participate in this unique art experience. Receive a blank canvas, art materials and instructions to paint your own masterpiece! Register at 12:00pm and start creating at 1:00pm. Or, skip the art class and come for live music from 1pm-4pm. Brunch served from 11:00am until all the food is gone. Get 10% off your first wine bottle with each painting class ticket, and moms get an additional 10% off a glass of wine. Visit winedesign.com/Ithaca. Ticket information at 315-364-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. May 10.
Hurry and book a Finger Lakes vacation rental for Mother’s Day or for any fun-filled days in May.
- The Finger Lakes Region is Beginning to Gather Again
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Treat Yourself to a Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Today
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- There’s Still Time to Book A Vacation Getaway Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- Top Places to Visit in the Finger Lakes Region
- There is Plenty For Mom to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Spend the Weekend Visiting the John D Barrow Art Gallery
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams