Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
Fall is a unique time of year to go on vacation. The intense heat of summer has given way to the clean, crisp air of fall. Instead of the lazy days of summer, you enjoy feeling a bit more energetic. This is the perfect time of year to visit Central New York and explore everything the Finger Lakes region has to offer. While you are making vacation plans be sure to check out the current listings for Finger Lakes vacation rentals. Hotel rooms simply do not compare to the wonderful experience of enjoying local Fingerlakes lodgings that are more like a home environment.
Visiting in the fall allows you to fully appreciate the wonder of nature as you observe the many splendid shades of yellow, orange, red and brown displayed within the treetops. Mere photos and postcards do not do this scenery justice. The changing of the leaves is something that must be witnessed in person. And, the Finger Lakes region certainly puts on a magnificent natural show in the fall season.
Colorful leaves aren’t the only things to enjoy in the area during the fall. There are lots of entertaining events happening during this time of year that provide a chance for visitors to experience local culture at its very best.
40th Anniversary – Johnson Museum of Art
The Johnson Museum of Art in Ithaca, NY is celebrating its 40th anniversary with a splash. The museum is located on the historic Cornell University campus and first opened its doors in 1973. Over the years the Johnson Museum has earned a reputation for exhibiting a wide variety of modern and classical artwork that offers visitors a chance to experience art in all forms.
A special reception is being held to introduce the new fall exhibitions. The celebration includes special live performances and a late night 70s theme dance party. Groovy!
Americana Concert Series
Americana Vineyards in Interlaken, NY continues their wine and music concert series throughout the month of September. Enjoy local wine and food at the winery while listening to the sounds of area bands. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual.
CabarETC: Back to the Garden
Take a trip down musical memory lane during this knockout show that celebrates the music of three legendary female singer/songwriters. The Hangar Theatre in Ithaca, NY is where you’ll enjoy this amazing musical tribute featuring the songs of Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Laura Nyro. Featured vocalists are the very talented Melissa Hammans and Shaleah Adkisson. This show is for two nights only.
Harvest Celebration of Food & Wine
The Keuka Lake Wine Trail is holding its annual fall food and wine celebration featuring world-class wines from the region. Since it is also harvest season there is an abundance of local delicious food inspired by the fresh bounty of apples, corn, grapes and squash.
Harvest Hoedown 2013
This fun hoedown event offers visitors a chance to sample another authentic slice of life in the region. Come to the Montezuma Winery in Seneca Falls, NY for lots of good BBQ chicken and pork along with seasonal local treats. Enjoy real country fiddling while filling up on delicious wine and food.
VIP Vertical Wine Tasting at Standing Stone
Relax and enjoy the beautiful fall scenery as you take this marvelous tour to the Standing Stone Vineyards in Watkins Glen, NY. This is a guided VIP wine tour that departs from Ithaca, NY. Tour guests have the opportunity to taste young and vintage wines and enjoy delicious food. The September tour features Pinot Noir.
- Escape to Serenity: Luxurious Waterfront Vacation Homes in Skaneateles and the Finger Lakes
- Luxury Reimagined: Unmatched Finger Lakes Vacation Home Rentals in Skaneateles, NY
- Skaneateles is Heating Up with the Start of Vacation Season
- Are You Ready to Just Get Away from It All
- Start the New Year off With a Trip to the Finger Lakes
- The changing leaves in Fall make this the perfect time to visit Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Save gas with a short trip To a Skaneateles Lake luxury vacation rental
- Cold weather fans, enjoy the Finger Lakes one more time before Springtime arrives
- Come enjoy the Finger Lakes and a cozy fireplace.
- Don’t Let the Colder Weather Stop You from Enjoying the Finger Lakes for the Holidays
- Skaneateles, NY is the perfect place to be in the Fall
- Enjoy a luxury vacation close to home in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?