September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
September in the Finger Lakes:
Fall is a magnificent time to visit the Finger Lakes region. People come here from all over the world for school and work. The warmth of summer lingers on while mixing with crisp breezes in the morning and evenings. Visitors from out of town staying in area Finger Lakes vacation rentals enjoy magnificent fall scenery. Seemingly overnight, the solid green leaves of trees turn into various shades of golden yellow and crimson red. September is the perfect time to go out and explore the local Finger Lakes area cultural scene. People are pretty friendly and visitors are welcome to join in all the fun.
Newfield Olde Home Days:
Newfield, New York is truly representative of small town America. It’s a place that is easily overshadowed by flashier nearby cities with bigger populations. The town’s main claim to fame is being the home of the Newfield Bridge. The rare covered bridge is an historic landmark that sits over Cayuga Creek.
Each September the town comes out to celebrate Newfield Old Home Days, the town’s biggest event of the year. A parade kicks off the two-day festivities. There’s plenty of food, entertainment and even a 5K run. The festival raises money for local non-profit organizations.
Cobblestone Farm Winery Grape Day:
This charming winery is nestled next to Cayuga Lake in Romulus, New York. The winery produces a number of award winning wines that are available for purchase at their country store. There’s a wine tasting room that let’s you sample before making a selection. In addition to growing grapes for wine, the farm has a cherry orchard.
Come and celebrate Grape Day by indulging in wine tasting and sampling delicious homemade treats made from grapes like cookies, cheesecake and yummy pies.
Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals has several luxury vacation rentals within easy driving distance of this and many other Finger Lakes region happenings.
The Montezuma Winery in Seneca Falls, New York invites everyone to come over and celebrate harvest season in true Finger Lakes fashion. The Harvest Hoedown is simply old-fashioned country fun. Guests can sample wine while listening to some authentic country fiddling by live bands. A wide variety of comfort food is on hand including lots of lip-smacking barbecue chicken and pork.
Visitors also get to sample real honey, maple syrup and other seasonal baked goods. Kids join in on the fun too by enjoying a petting zoo, games and craft activities. Handmade arts and crafts are on display by local vendors.
Porchfest Music Festival:
The Fall Creek Neighborhood in Ithaca, New York is celebrating its 7th annual Porchfest Music Festival. This unique event features over 100 bands performing for free on the porches of area homes. Musical styles represented are classical, pop, country, roots rock, reggae, jazz, punk rock, world music and everything in between. Maps are provided to help visitors walk or bike to each porch performance.
When planing your trip to the Finger Lakes region, make sure to contact Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals to reserve your Finger Lakes vacation rental.
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Treat Yourself to a Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Today
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- There’s Still Time to Book A Vacation Getaway Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- Top Places to Visit in the Finger Lakes Region
- There is Plenty For Mom to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Spend the Weekend Visiting the John D Barrow Art Gallery
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams