With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
Finger Lakes Day Trips
Now that summer is winding down and school is on the horizon, you may be wondering how to squeeze in some fun in between busy workdays. Or, maybe you’re looking for a change of scenery over the weekend. While you’re in the Finger Lakes turn an ordinary day into an extraordinary adventure by going on a day trip. Finger Lakes vacations don’t always need to be extended stays. Late summer is a wonderful time of year to shake up your normal routine a bit by booking a vacation rental for a mini getaway.
There are plenty of activities that cater to a wide range of interests that make perfect day trip excursions. Here are some suggestions:
Cayuga Lakes Cruises:
Cayuga Lake is the longest of the eleven lakes found in the Finger Lakes region. During the summer boating on the lake is very popular. Cayuga Lake Cruises in Ithaca, NY offers a selection of meal cruises aboard a ferryboat. Book a two-hour cruise for brunch, lunch, cocktails or dinner. Enjoy a delicious meal in a quaint setting on the water.
Johnson Museum of Art:
The Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art is located on the historic Cornell University campus. The museum is a gift to the public by the late S.C. Johnson who was an alumni and trustee. Designed by famous architectural firm I.M. Pei & Partners, the Johnson Museum displays classic and contemporary artwork representing a diverse range of cultural influences. Admission is free. Take time to walk around the scenic Cornell campus while there.
Cayuga Wine Trail:
The Cayuga Wine Trail is located in the heart of the Finger Lakes area. The trail extends from Ithaca, New York on the southern end to Seneca Falls on the northern end. Along the way there are plenty of local wineries to visit. Each stop allows visitors to indulge their senses in every way. Enjoy fabulous food and wine in amazingly beautiful settings.
Nothing says end of summer fun more than a visit to a water park. Roseland Waterpark in Canandaigua, NY features several rides that are fun for the whole family. Popular attractions are the wave pool, raft ride, splash slides and tube slides. Canoes and paddle boats are available for rental.
Watkins Glen Raceway Thunder Road Tours:
When you’re in the mood to feel like a race car driver, head on down to the world famous Watkins Glen Raceway for a taste of authentic speedway driving. The Thunder Road Tour lets participants drive onto the same racecourse track as professional drivers. Drivers follow a real lap car around the track. Drivers must be 18 or over.
After you’re done on the track take some time to visit the beautiful Watkins Glen State Park. Walk along nature trails and view stunning waterfalls, ancient rock formations and local plants and foliage.
- The changing leaves in Fall make this the perfect time to visit Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Save gas with a short trip To a Skaneateles Lake luxury vacation rental
- Cold weather fans, enjoy the Finger Lakes one more time before Springtime arrives
- Come enjoy the Finger Lakes and a cozy fireplace.
- Don’t Let the Colder Weather Stop You from Enjoying the Finger Lakes for the Holidays
- Skaneateles, NY is the perfect place to be in the Fall
- Enjoy a luxury vacation close to home in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?