Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
Baseball is often considered to be the “great American pastime” because it is a game that is beloved by people from many walks of life. Pretty much everywhere you go in America during the summertime you’ll find a group gathering around the ball diamond to have some fun playing a friendly game. Lots of baseball lovers become lifelong fans of a Major League Baseball (MLB) team. However, you don’t have to have an allegiance to any particular team to enjoy going to watch a live game on a sunny day. This is especially true if you are visiting the Finger Lakes region of New York.
When baseball loving guests arrive at their favorite Finger Lakes Rentals vacation spot they are often surprised to find out that they can enjoy live professional baseball. The region is home numerous professional and semi – pro teams including three active MLB affiliate teams that provide plenty of summertime fun for fans.
The three teams are:
Binghamton Mets – AA affiliate of the NY Mets
Rochester Red Wings – AAA affiliate of the Minnesota Twins
Syracuse Chiefs – AAA affiliate of the Washington Nationals
All three are part of the U.S. minor league baseball system. Or, put in more casual terms, they are a farm team for their major league counterparts. Professional farm teams give fans a glimpse of players at different stages of their careers. Affiliate teams are considered training grounds for talented players on the rise. Rookies with potential to play in the major leagues are groomed at the Triple-A level before getting a shot at big league play. You can come out and watch a future sports star in the making.
Another great reason to come to these games is that you get to see popular major league players that are temporarily playing minor league ball. Usually, these guys are recovering from an injury and getting themselves back into tip-top shape.
Minor league baseball offers just as much excitement as any professional game, except you can enjoy all of the fun without shelling out big bucks for seats. All of the Finger Lakes affiliate teams have ongoing special promotions where they give away free hot dogs, cola drinks and various cool items. For instance, the Syracuse Red Wings has a birthday promotion that features balloons, game tickets, your birthday announced to the whole park, a mascot visit, personalized cake and a special gift for the birthday guest of honor.
Celebrity appearances and autograph signings are also popular happenings at the ballpark. But, of course, the main attraction is spending a day watching teams play the time-honored game of baseball. There is nothing quite like sitting in the stand with family and friends as you root for a player to make it safely across home plate.
While you are enjoying your stay at a Finger Lakes Rental property, consider taking a day trip to a nearby stadium to enjoy a professional baseball game. You are sure to have a fun time while seeing some of the game’s best players in action.
- Escape to Serenity: Luxurious Waterfront Vacation Homes in Skaneateles and the Finger Lakes
- Luxury Reimagined: Unmatched Finger Lakes Vacation Home Rentals in Skaneateles, NY
- Skaneateles is Heating Up with the Start of Vacation Season
- Are You Ready to Just Get Away from It All
- Start the New Year off With a Trip to the Finger Lakes
- The changing leaves in Fall make this the perfect time to visit Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Save gas with a short trip To a Skaneateles Lake luxury vacation rental
- Cold weather fans, enjoy the Finger Lakes one more time before Springtime arrives
- Come enjoy the Finger Lakes and a cozy fireplace.
- Don’t Let the Colder Weather Stop You from Enjoying the Finger Lakes for the Holidays
- Skaneateles, NY is the perfect place to be in the Fall
- Enjoy a luxury vacation close to home in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?