There’s Still Time to Book A Vacation Getaway Before School Starts
It’s been a busy summer here in the Finger Lakes region. September, Labor Day and back to school activities are looming for many of us. There is still time to book your Finger Lakes vacation rentals and no place better than the lovely village of Skaneateles.
August is definitely the month to take that much needed family vacation together and enjoy some quality time. Skaneateles luxury rentals can help you bring the whole family together and enjoy all that our area has to offer.
August Events in the Finger Lakes
Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park
151 Charlotte St.
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Phone: (585) 554-4922
Date(s): July 7, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Recurring weekly on Friday
Time: 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Price: $10/person, $8/Sonnenberg Member, $5/youth (Ages 6-17), FREE for ages 5 and under.
Festively lit historic garden paths and live music on a midsummer’s eve make for a unique Finger Lakes experience as Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park kicks off its popular Moonlight Stroll Concert Series on Friday, July 7. The 2-hour concerts will take place every Friday night in July and August from 8:00 – 10:00 PM. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets as well as family, friends or that special someone for an evening out under the stars and strolls through beautiful garden as music floats through the air.
Besides the musical entertainment, guests will have a rare opportunity to partake of the beauty of Sonnenberg’s gardens at night – for this is the one time each year that the gardens are lit and showcased at night. Evening garden strolls are a rare treat for the gardens take on a completely different demeanor – shadows grow long, hues deepen, and the fragrance of roses and other blooms become more pronounced as the evening air cools.
Sonnenberg will be bringing a variety of talented musical performers to its grounds for this concert series. With a variety of musical genres, there’s sure to be something for everyone at Sonnenberg this summer!
Sonnenberg’s own Finger Lakes Wine Center will offer wine by the glass for sale each evening. Light refreshments including soda, water, pizza, popcorn, and cookies will also be available from the Friends of Sonnenberg. This year’s performance venue is the veranda of the Mansion and guests will be able to spread out blankets and set up seats on the lawn.
The gates will open at 7:30 PM and all concerts will be held rain or shine. http://www.visitfingerlakes.com/event/moonlight-stroll-through-the-gardens/15939/
ADDRESS 97 E. Genesee St.
Skaneateles, NY, 13152
PHONE (315) 685-7418
The Skaneateles Festival, under the artistic direction of husband and wife team of pianist Aaron Wunsch and cellist Julia Bruskin, is central NY’s premier chamber music festival. World-renowned performers have included conductor David Zinman; violinists Hilary Hahn, and Eugene Drucker; pianists Garrick Ohlsson and Jon Nakamatsu; guitarist Eliot Fisk; and the Turtle Island Quartet. Weeknight concerts are held in the picturesque lakeside village of Skaneateles. Saturday concerts are held outdoors and under the stars at a nearby lakeside wine vineyard, Anyela’s Vineyards. The festival season runs throughout the month of August.
Fishing on Skaneateles Lake – “With over 9,000 acres of crystal clear water, Skaneateles Lake offers excellent fishing for rainbow trout, lake trout, landlocked Atlantic salmon, bass, pickerel, and yellow perch. Skaneateles Lake is open to anglers all year.
The best trout fishing occurs in the spring and autumn months. During the summer small mouth bass, large mouth bass, and pickerel are targeted. Trout, during the summer months, are found deep and require specialized trolling equipment to catch.
Stillwater fly fishing is a challenging and fun way to fish the lake. During early June the lake has a tremendous hatch of mayflies that attracts fly fishermen from around the region.
In addition to the lake, ultra light spin fishing and fly fishing for both native and stocked trout, is great on numerous small-to-medium sized streams and tributaries found nearby the village”.
For more information on Fishing on Skaneateles Lake contact Upstate Guide Service at (315) 283-8871
Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes
No matter what your vacation entails – rest & relaxation, family gatherings, quality time with the family before school starts, or a special weekend getaway, Skaneateles vacation rentals can make you feel right at home.
Our beautiful and peaceful properties provide you with all the amenities of home plus more. No worrying about lugging coolers and figuring out meals. Every home here at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals is designed and apportioned to provide everything you need.
Check out our PROPERTIES and make your reservations today for a memorable and relaxing vacation here in Skaneateles. This is the perfect month to sit back and recharge your batteries before the rush of fall grabs hold. Join us this month for the vacation of a lifetime.
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Treat Yourself to a Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Today
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- There’s Still Time to Book A Vacation Getaway Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- Top Places to Visit in the Finger Lakes Region
- There is Plenty For Mom to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Spend the Weekend Visiting the John D Barrow Art Gallery
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams