It’s Springtime in the Finger Lakes
Hopefully you are starting to see the signs of Springtime emerging near you, and this is just the most wonderful, renewing time of year. The world wakes back up and the cold of winter melts away to bring fantastic new activities to explore. Now is the perfect time to plan a Spring vacation in the Finger Lakes.
Springtime in the Finger Lakes area will be in full swing and it’s time to plan a stay at our Skaneateles luxury rentals. Finding places to stay in the Finger Lakes has never been easier. Our luxury rentals that are beautiful private well-maintained properties will provide you the most memorable vacation ever.
It’s time to plan your Spring and Summer Finger Lakes vacation rentals and where better to hang your hat than right here with us. Our properties are mostly all within walking distance to the village and lake side.
Skaneateles Activities Are Ready For You
With the snow receding and springtime opening up all over, there are many wonderful things to do here. Golfing, sightseeing, nature hikes and bird watching, winery tours, fishing and boating – there is sure to be something that suits your fancy and will give you much needed rest and relaxation time.
GOLF CLUBS – There are two excellent golf clubs within 10 miles of the heart of Skaneateles.
- The Midlakes Club 315-673-4916
The 18-hole “Midlakes” course at the The Midlakes Club facility in Skaneateles, New York features 5,863 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 70 . The course rating is 70.0 and it has a slope rating of 113. Designed by Peter Wiles, the Midlakes golf course opened in 1964. Linda Williams manages the course as the General Manager.
2401 Bockes Rd
Skaneateles, NY 13152-8951
- Dutch Hollow Country Club 315-784-5052
The 18-hole “Dutch Hollow” course at the Dutch Hollow Country Club facility in Owasco, New York features 6,437 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71 . The course rating is 70.3 and it has a slope rating of 120 on Rye grass. Designed by Wilford S. Hall, the Dutch Hollow golf course opened in 1967. Bill Galloway manages the course as the Manager.
1839 Benson Rd
Owasco, NY 13021-9760
You will be awed by the beautiful views from the lake as you take a sightseeing cruise. Lunch or dinner is also available on the sightseeing cruises. www.midlakesnav.com
Mid-Lakes Navigation Company is located in Skaneateles, New York, in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region. Mid-Lakes was founded in 1968 when Capt. Peter Wiles Sr. purchased the the 20-passenger Pat II and acquired the contract to deliver U.S. mail to shoreside summer homes. For nearly half a century, the Wiles family has run the business, which has expanded to include an extensive array of daily cruises on Skaneateles Lake and on the Erie Canal in nearby Syracuse.
In the mid-1980s, Mid-Lakes began building rental canalboats patterned after the traditional English narrowboats and available to charter for 3, 4 and 7-nights. These Lockmaster Canalboats are based at Mid-Lakes Marina, a full-service facility located on the Erie Canal near Rochester.
We cruise from mid-May until early October but our headquarters in Skaneateles are open all year except the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Wineries and Tours
There are so many Finger Lakes wines to enjoy! Delight in a drive through New York’s picture perfect Finger Lakes region and visit the numerous wineries. Some serve lunch too.
Often overlooked, the Skaneateles/Syracuse area is home to a few quality wineries.
Anyela’s Vineyard – Anyela’s Vineyard was established in 2001 but the journey began much sooner for this vineyard. The Nocek family started growing grapes three generations ago in Eastern Europe. Anyela’s Vineyard takes special care of their vines while preparing for the cold winters of the Finger Lakes to ensure they grow highest quality grape they can achieve.
White Birch Vineyard Tasting Room – Established in 1999, the owners of White Birch Vineyards are continuing what their ancestors started in the Molise region of Italy. You can sample their wine in the White Birch Vineyard Tasting Room in Skaneateles.
1911 Tasting Room at the Apple Hill Campus – Hard cider, gin, vodka and apple wines can be sampled in the 1911 Tasting Room. The 1911 Tasting Room is the culmination of the entire production process, going from tree to bottle under the care of 1911.
Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
You will be so pleased with our properties when you are planning your Skaneateles vacation rentals for the coming seasons. Enjoy the privacy, amenities of each well-appointed property, entertain family and friends, or just unwind.
Skaneateles is a picturesque and inviting Village with close proximity to many other Finger Lakes attractions and activities. Check out our rental properties today and get your reservations in early. We look forward to meeting new guests as well as welcoming back returning visitors. Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals wants to be your home away from home. Happy Springtime!!
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Plan a Holiday Vacation at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals
- Planning a Visit to Skaneateles This Summer, Spend Your Nights in Luxury and Privacy at Evans Lodge
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- Holiday Season in the Finger Lakes Region
- Nothing is Better Than Summer in The Finger Lakes
- Spend Mother’s Day in the Finger Lakes
- It’s Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Keeping Busy Around the Finger Lakes in January
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- There is Plenty to do Around the Finger Lakes in July
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals