Keeping Busy Around the Finger Lakes in January
After all of the New Year celebrations are just a fond memory, you’re faced with trying to figure out how to fill those remaining days in January. Exploration is a good theme for this month. There are many ways to explore the Finger Lakes region, and you’re sure to find some fun things to do that provide laughter or enlightenment.
One of the great things about visiting the Finger Lakes is that there is a wonderful mixture of urban and rural attractions. You can easily take in a show featuring world famous entertainers or go on a nature walk and see the area in all its pristine beauty. And, of course, there’s always plenty of local food and wine to enjoy whatever you choose to do. An ideal way to relax while you’re here is to reserve one of the area’s Skaneateles luxury rentals for a weekend or a week. The best way to experience the sites and sounds is to live in cozy accommodations like a local.
Winter Village BlueGrass Festival – Ithaca, NY
Nothing warms up a winter’s day like some good old-fashioned bluegrass strumming, picking and singing. January is when Ithaca comes alive with the best bluegrass music. The Winter Village Bluegrass Festival, includes The Falling Waters Music Camp from January 9 -11 and the festival January 23-25th . Be sure to catch the Saturday Night Big Show at the State Theatre on January 24th.
Comedian Lewis Black – Rochester, NY
Joking about the absurdities of life is what Lewis Black does best, and there are sure to be plenty of belly laughs when he brings his critically acclaimed comedy show to Rochester this month. Black has performed his stand-up act to numerous appreciative audiences around the country, in Canada and Europe. Black’s brand of humor mixes passion with biting commentary that always hits the mark while stirring a funny bone. January 8.
Sprice: An Explosively Good Time at the Museum of Play – Rochester, NY
Children and adults will delight in watching Sprice Price create an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine, and set off an amazing chain reaction that is sure to culminate in an explosively good time. Sprice Price appeared on season 8 of America’s Got Talent where he impressed millions with his machine building talents. Kids can build their own version afterwards. January 10-11.
Environmental Lecture: Land Sculpted by Water – Rockwell Museum – Corning, NY
Josh Teeter shares his insights into the unique role water played in the shaping of the Finger Lakes during this intriguing lecture. Teeter is an Environmental Educator familiar with local state parks and their unique geology. Find out how magnificent gorges and waterfalls formed ov
er 400 million years. January 14.
Free Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Activities – Rockwell Museum – Corning, NY
Visit the Rockwell Museum and explore its offerings during a special Art Hunt. Families are also welcome to participate in creating a special Romare Bearden style art collage. Activities are free and open to the public. January 19.
7th Annual Bridal Show – Glenora Wine Cellars – Dundee, NY
Planning a wedding? Come to the Bridal Show and tour the premises while gazing at the latest bridal gowns and groom attire. Sip complimentary champagne and nibble on hors d’oeuvres while taking in all the marvelous offerings from local bridal vendors. January 25.
Once you have the wedding planned out, don’t forget about the honeymoon. A Finger Lakes luxury vacation rental on scenic Skaneateles Lake makes a perfect getaway for any newlyweds.
January is the perfect time to explore upstate New York and get some great winter scene shots while you’re having a blast. Book your Skaneateles luxury rental today and discover the real hidden jewels of the empire state.
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Plan a Holiday Vacation at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals
- Planning a Visit to Skaneateles This Summer, Spend Your Nights in Luxury and Privacy at Evans Lodge
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- Holiday Season in the Finger Lakes Region
- Nothing is Better Than Summer in The Finger Lakes
- Spend Mother’s Day in the Finger Lakes
- It’s Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Keeping Busy Around the Finger Lakes in January
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- There is Plenty to do Around the Finger Lakes in July
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals