Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
It’s hard to believe that summer vacation is drawing to a close. Pretty soon children will be returning to school for a new and exciting year. This is the perfect month to experience a Finger Lakes vacation with your family.
Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals wants to welcome you to the area. We know you will be looking for places to stay in the Finger Lakes and hope you will consider one of our Skaneateles luxury rentals for you and your family.
There are always a wide assortment of activities in the area where we are rich in history, amazing vineyards, world class theater and exciting events that are sure to please the whole family.
August Events in the Finger Lakes
Summer Concert Series at the Lighthouse—Shama Lama
August 14th, 2016
The energetic guys and gals in this Nik Entertainment band perform all your favorite hits from the 1950s—and even arrive in their 1959 Edsel! Break out your poodle skirts and leather jackets and join the fun! 2-4 p.m. FREE. Outdoors on the Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum lawn. Bring your own chair. Free shuttle bus from Newark, Lyons, Sodus, and Sodus Point. Refreshments are available at the Lighthouse Concession Stand. THIS IS OUR SECOND ICE CREAM SOCIAL! Support the lighthouse by enjoying a large sundae loaded with toppings for just $4.50! For more information, call (315) 483-4936 . Made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts, Finger Lakes Community Arts Grants, and Lighthouse Events Sponsors.
19th Century Food Tour
August 16th, 2016
This summer the Geneva Historical Society will introduce a new special tour, A Taste of Rose Hill, focused on the history of food and food production at Rose Hill Mansion between 1850 and 1890. The tour is one hour long and will be offered on four dates: Tuesday, July 12 and August 16 at 2 p.m. and Saturday, July 16 and August 20 at 11 a.m. This special tour is not the same as our regular tour.
On the tour, visitors will learn how the Swan family produced different types of food on their farm and how food was preserved, prepared and presented at their table. We will explore how these processes shifted over the 19th century as elements of food production, preservation, and preparation were mechanized and standards of presentation rose.
Part of the tour will also focus on 19th-century beliefs about the connection between food, health and gender roles. The tour will include samples of the scents and tastes of 19th-century-style foods. Admission for the tour is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors and $4 for children 10-18. Children under 10 and members of the Geneva Historical Society are free. As space is limited, reservations are required for A Taste of Rose Hill. They may be made by calling Rose Hill Mansion at 315-789-3848.
Penn Yan Boats
August 18th, 2016
The Finger Lakes Boating Museum Academy, in partnership with the Yates County History Center presents Penn Yan Boats. For all of those local boating and history enthusiasts, here is the perfect event for you! Penn Yan has a rich history of boat building, and we would love for you to join us for a panel discussion on Thursday, August 18th at 7:00 P.M. The panel will be led by Dick Newcomb and will be held at the Penn Yan Methodist Church.
Dick Newcomb is a FLBM volunteer and outboard boating expert, who has a particular passion for boats made here in Penn Yan. The discussion will focus on the Penn Yan Boat Company, tracing different models of boats through time, construction techniques, and restoration challenges.
FLBA lectures come to you at no cost, so even if you decide to attend at the last minute, we would love for you to join us. RSVP’s are appreciated! If interested, check out our website (www.flbm.org) to see all of the other upcoming workshops, courses, and lectures that the Finger Lakes Boating Academy has to offer! Finger Lakes Boating Museum 8231 Pleasant Valley Road Hammondsport NY, 14840 (607) 569-2222
Genesee Country Village & Museum Old-Time Fiddlers’ Fair
August 21st, 2016
Date: August 21st, 2016
1410 Flint Hill Rd, Mumford
If you love fiddle music, then prepare to immerse yourself in a day of traditional music rooted in New York State’s rich heritage. Hundreds of musicians! Non-stop entertainment! Bring your fiddle for free admission and the opportunity to play on one of four stages; or jam under a tree in the historic village. Free workshops open to all musicians.
Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals
Skaneateles luxury rentals takes the worry out of places to stay in the Finger Lakes. We offer some of the most beautiful, well-maintained properties in the area. Renting one of our private homes provides you with ample room, privacy, space for entertaining, and all the amenities of your own luxury home right in the heart of the Finger Lakes.
Be sure to view our available properties and make your August reservations quickly. This will be the vacation experience of a lifetime.
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?