December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
As the air around the Finger Lakes turns crisp and clear, there is a spirit of holiday cheer as people get busy with shopping and prepare to celebrate with family and friends. Visitors to the region notice how picture postcard perfect the scenery looks. There may be a sprinkling of fresh snow on the ground and in the trees. Homes and towns are filled with bright lights and seasonal decorations. If you are lucky enough to be staying in one of our Finger Lakes vacation rentals near the lake, you’ll get to see the crystal shimmering expanse of water that has turned to ice.
An Evening to Remember: Alzheimer Awareness Gala – Ithaca, NY
If you know someone with Alzheimer’s disease, come out and enjoy a delightful gala and fundraiser for this cause. This annual event takes place in the Grand Ballroom of the Trip Hotel. Guests are treated to fabulous food and wine from area restaurants and wineries. Beer lovers can stroll through the beer garden featuring specially brewed craft beer.
Live local musicians will provide the evening’s entertainment. A live auction is also part of the festivities. The event begins at 6pm. All proceeds go to the Alzheimer’s Association of Central New York.
Deck the Halls Weekend on the Seneca Wine Trail – Various Locations
Have a great time sampling local wines and food while enjoying your journey along this popular wine trail. Wineries are all decked out with holiday decorations. Receive goodies and collect ornaments along the way. Participants get a free recipe book and handmade wreath. Tickets are selling out fast. If you want to go, grab yours quickly.
20th Annual Cayuga Lake Wine Trail’s Holiday Shopping Spree – Romulus, NY
Tis the season to taste exquisite wines while shopping during this gorgeous wine trail holiday shopping spree. Have a blast while enjoying your complimentary Shopper’s Card, handmade wreath and cookie cutter ornaments. The discount card is good at all wineries along the trail during this weekend. A total of 16 wineries are participating. Along the way indulge in scrumptious holiday themed wine and food pairings.
17th Annual Tru-Ulysses Winterfest – Trumansburg and Ulysses, NY
Have lots of fun in a picturesque setting at this winter festival. See local artists and entertainers perform while you enjoy food and music. Stroll through the stalls and check out vendors offering handmade crafts. These make wonderful gifts. The festival concludes with an amazing display of fireworks at the Trumansburg Fair Grounds.
Prohibition Era Cocktail Party – Aurora, NY
It seems hard to imagine there was a time when alcohol was banned in the U.S. Those were years when people went to a speakeasy to share a drink with friends. Fortunately, the ban was lifted and everyone could once again drink legally. Come out and enjoy a swinging good time at this party that celebrates the 80th year of the end of Prohibition.
There will be classic cocktails, crafted liquors, hors d’oeuvres and live music. The reception begins at 7pm.
Annual Downtown Ithaca Chowder Cook-off – Ithaca, NY
For fans of hot, creamy chowder and hearty stews it doesn’t get any better than this. Cooks from all over descend on downtown Ithaca to face off for the title of Chowder Cup Master. From 10am to 5pm you can sample delicious chowders that include meat, seafood and vegetarian versions. Cast your vote for the best chowder.
While there check out the fantastic ice sculptures created by local artists.
Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals has luxury rentals close to many of the events around the Finger Lakes. Call one of our customer service associates who can help plan your stay in our beautiful region.
- Save gas with a short trip To a Skaneateles Lake luxury vacation rental
- Cold weather fans, enjoy the Finger Lakes one more time before Springtime arrives
- Come enjoy the Finger Lakes and a cozy fireplace.
- Don’t Let the Colder Weather Stop You from Enjoying the Finger Lakes for the Holidays
- Skaneateles, NY is the perfect place to be in the Fall
- Enjoy a luxury vacation close to home in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?