Holiday Season in the Finger Lakes Region
Welcome to the incredible month of December when all things are Merry and Bright!! Skaneateles, NY and the surrounding Finger Lakes towns and villages put on stupendous holiday displays and events that will bring you and your family lasting memories. From the quaint villages, the award winning art galleries, restaurants and antiques to the beauty and excitement of local skiing facilities, you could spend a weekend or a week here and still not see everything.
December in Skaneateles
Finger Lakes vacation rentals can accommodate romantic couples’ getaways to full fledged holiday parties and lodging for entire families (and extended families). Our properties are meticulously maintained and well-apportioned to meet all your vacation needs and provide plenty of space for everyone to be comfortable and feel pampered.
Skaneateles luxury rentals do fill up quickly at prime holiday times, so please be sure to check availability and make your reservations early.
As we draw near to the most exciting time of the year, we encourage you to make new memories and enjoy all the area has to offer.
December brings us the renowned and much looked forward to Dicken’s Christmas event. You do not want to miss this 24th Annual amazing festival and all the fun that takes place within the Village of Skaneateles.
Step back in time and enjoy the holidays the old-fashioned way with Dickens Christmas, as Skaneateles Area Businesses give a gift to the public for their continued support throughout the year. Plan now and join the Village of Skaneateles, located in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York, this holiday season.
An annual tradition, the celebration begins the day after Thanksgiving and runs every Saturday and Sunday through December 23, from noon to 4 pm, plus December 24 from noon – 2:30 pm. Charles Dickens and his cast of over 50 characters will interact with residents and visitors in the streets, stores and restaurants.
Don’t miss lively acts at the Library, live music, unique shopping, wonderful food and horse and wagon rides around the Village.
And visit our annual “World’s Smallest Christmas Parade” on opening day, Friday, November 24, at noon. Watch for Charles Dickens and his entourage as they meander down Fennell Street, turn right onto Jordan Street, then right onto Genesee Street to their grand opening on the porch of the Hannum House next to the Sherwood Inn at 12:10 pm to celebrate the 24th Anniversary.
Christmas carol sing-along, The Mid-day Revels, at 2 p.m. at the Gazebo with the entire Dickens cast. (Bad weather place is the Hannum House of the Sherwood Inn.)
Free roasted chestnuts in front of Johnny Angels, donated by TOPS Market
Mother Goose reads holiday stories to the children at Loft 42 (42 E. Genesee St.) from 1:30 – 4
Father Christmas greets the children on the porch of the Masonic Temple (13 E. Genesee St.) each weekend day from noon to 2 p.m., and 3 – 4 p.m. He will have special treats for especially good children.
Special shows at the Skaneateles Library at 1 and 3 pm. Special live entertainment each Saturday and Sunday at the Library. Events are free, however donations are welcome.
The Dickens characters will be acting out scenes from “A Christmas Carol” at the Gazebo (bad weather back-up: Hannum House) at 12:30 and 3:30. These interactive trunk shows are sponsored by the Summit Auto Group.
Horse-drawn wagon and carriage rides around the village, departing from the Sherwood Inn, provided by Rt. 80 Quarry Ridge Stables. Wagon rides are $2 donation; carriage rides are offered for a $20 donation. CASH ONLY.
SPECIAL EVENT: Dinner with Dickens and Friends! Thursday, December 7 at Mirbeau Inn and Spa at 6 pm. Celebrate the Christmas Season and watch literature brought to life, as Charles Dickens and Company perform a live rendition of “A Christmas Carol”. Enjoy a traditional dinner with special child friendly options available for the youngsters. Entertainment provided by Scarlett Rat Entertainment as seen in Skaneateles’ popular Dickens Christmas.
Pack Up For a Weekend
Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals offers you the best in places to stay in the Finger Lakes. Be within walking distance of all the lovely shops and scenery that make Skaneateles one of the most beautiful Villages in the area.
You may view our properties on our web pages. Reservations can be made online, but we do recommend you call us directly with any questions or to reserve your home away from home today. We look forward to welcoming you and sharing this beautiful Christmas Season with you and your family.
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Plan a Holiday Vacation at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals
- Planning a Visit to Skaneateles This Summer, Spend Your Nights in Luxury and Privacy at Evans Lodge
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- Holiday Season in the Finger Lakes Region
- Nothing is Better Than Summer in The Finger Lakes
- Spend Mother’s Day in the Finger Lakes
- It’s Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- July is Heating Up Around the Finger Lakes
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- April Starts Getting Busy Around the Finger Lakes
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Keeping Busy Around the Finger Lakes in January
- There is Plenty to Do Around the Finger Lakes in September
- There is Plenty to do Around the Finger Lakes in July
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- November Around the Finger Lakes
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- September Happenings Around the Finger Lakes Region
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals