Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
Autumn is officially here and with it exciting, fun and even scary events are slated for the Finger Lakes area. Finger Lakes luxury rentals has vacancies in some of our beautiful properties that will provide you with all the comforts of home during your stay in Skaneateles and the area.
What excites you most about Autumn? The crisp, cool air? The colors of fall? The total enjoyment of this beautiful season? After a splendid summer, Autumn feels like a gift of color and joy as we head into the holiday season.
October Events to Entice You
October is a fun month in the Finger Lakes. There are numerous events that will thrill, chill, and excite you. History, music, theater, dining, wine and Halloween all conspire to get your heart racing and thrill your inner child. There is nothing like the season we have entered into and it’s your time to enjoy it all.
This month you can enjoy some historical cemetery walks with professional narrators. You can visit some of the local wineries and enjoy their fall tastings. Theater continues to bring offerings that will knock your socks off with talent.
Let’s take a look at the possibilities!
October 14th, 2016 – October 15th, 2016
Ever wondered who is buried at Washington Street Cemetery? Join the Geneva Historical Society and the Founders Square Neighborhood Association for guided tours of the cemetery on October 14 and October 15. As participants are led through the cemetery, they will hear stories about Geneva’s past.
Tours are on Friday, October 14 at 6:30 pm, 7:30 pm, and 8:30 pm and Saturday, October 15 at 1 pm, 2 pm, and 3 pm. The tours take place in the Washington Street Cemetery. Participants are encouraged to dress for the weather and be prepared to walk 4/10ths of a mile. Reservations are strongly encouraged for all tours as space is limited.
Tickets are $ 5 per person and $15 for a group (two adults with children). Refreshments will also be available. For more information or to make a reservation, call the Geneva Historical Society at 315-789-5151.
October 15th, 2016
Create a woods community with friends new and old as we step into new challenges and possibilities in the forest. Explore how to master the fundamentals of finding food, shelter and fire. Delve into your crafting skills and play the epic games that never end. Foster a deep connection with your peers and mentors—as we all support each other on a journey of discovery, problem solving, leadership and self-reliance.
Some projects we may explore include: Delving into to the creation of fire, Weaving baskets around the fire, Expand your mind through archery, Focused carving projects and coal burning, Nature connection and awareness skills, Creating delicious meals through primitive cooking techniques and wild edibles.
Our teen experiences offer an incredible opportunity live the core practices of wilderness skills with excellent mentors. Our process and small group size ensures an inclusive and supportive group culture from day one. Each meeting will offer new challenges & experiences and we encourage all participants to join us for the optional overnight at Arnot Forest on December 10.
October 21st, 2016
$7/person. We encourage you to buy your ticket ahead of time, but tickets will also be sold at the door. See the link to purchase your ticket.
Join us this autumn evening as we welcome and showcase the work of 5 women who have written books based on their love for the Finger Lakes region. Our featured guest is Kristan Higgins, a NY Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and international best-selling author, who publishes a series of novels that are based out of the Finger Lakes, and even did research here at Fulkerson Winery! She will be accompanied by Mary Pat Hyland, Laurie Gifford Adams, Roz Murphy, and Katie O’Boyle, 4 local woman who have and continue to write books that are inspired by the Finger Lakes.
There will be wine and light fare to enjoy. In light of many of these works containing rescue dogs as characters, will be having a silent auction throughout the event to benefit the Yates County Humane Society. We also encourage you to bring an item to donate on the shelter’s wish list. Visit http://www.yateshumane.org/wishlist.html
October 29th, 2016 – October 30th, 2016
Climb into your Halloween costume and collect for treats from the townspeople in the safety of the historic village. Warm yourself by the campfire, listen to spooky stories and enjoy more family-fun activities on a colorful autumn afternoon. $7 for trick-or-treaters; FREE for accompanying adults
October 29th, 2016
It’s our 14th Annual Hallo-Wine Spooktacular, and this year’s costume theme is ROCKSTARS: “PASSED” & PRESENT! Music by Elephant Sound. Treats by Crystal Lake Café. First glass of wine free with admission. So make your reservations and start getting those costumes ready for our LIVE costume contest with 3 categories: BEST FEMALE ROCKSTAR, BEST MALE ROCKSTAR and BEST GROUP ROCKSTAR! And the winner in each category goes home with a gift basket filled with Americana goodies! ADMISSION: OVER 21 ONLY $15 General Public Industry & Patriots Club Members $10 Advance Tickets and RSVP at Winery: 607-387-6801
Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
Finger Lakes vacation rentals can bring you a beautiful, relaxing and fun-filled October weekend when you stay with us. Skaneateles luxury rentals are just the place you need to relax, unwind, and enjoy this beautiful area. Our homes all provide you everything you need, along with the space and comforts you desire.
Visiting Skaneateles in the fall and exploring the Finger Lakes region has got to be one of the must-do things on your list. Take a fall weekend getaway to Skaneateles and find out how you can have the best of both worlds – vacationing here and staying in a luxury rental that will suit your needs.
Contact us today to make your reservations! We are ready to welcome you to your home away from home. Enjoy the month of October and we look forward to meeting you or welcoming you back!
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?