August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
Finger Lakes Events
Like many people, you may be planning to take your well-deserved vacation during August, the last good month to enjoy the lazy days of summer. While planning your travels, check out our fabulous Finger Lake Rentals Skaneateles and also take a moment to see what kind of fun things there are to do that will coincide with your visit. Fortunately, when you want to get out and about around the Finger Lakes region there is certainly plenty of activities to keep you busy.
Go out for a day of scenic bicycle riding during this event put on by the Rotary Club and Tourism Office. Take a scenic ride off the beaten path that includes both some hills along with flat terrain. This area is absolutely beautiful in the summer. Riders have their choice of four bike routes. Riders may stop along the way to enjoy refreshments while resting. Tour routes are in Chemung, Tioga and Tompkins counties.
21st Annual Glorious Garlic Festival:
Fox Run Vineyards is the place to be if you love food that includes the flavor of fresh garlic. The Garlic Festival hosts Local chefs who will be on hand to give cooking demonstrations. Enjoy live musical entertainment, wine and food while taking in the beautiful view of Seneca Lake.
Canandaigua Lady Themed Boat Cruise:
Relax and have a great time while cruising on the magnificent Canandaigua Lady steamboat. The boat is having several themed cruises in August. On August 4th put your thinking cap on for Trivia Night. Prepare to sing along to Karaoke on August 18th. Take part in a tasty Root Beer Social on August 23rd. On Saturday, August 31st you will be in awe as you witness the Ring of Fire.
Monday Fundays at the Erie Canal Museum:
Each Monday during the month of August the museum is offering a unique fun-filled learning experience for the whole family. Children learn about history while participating in hands-on activities. Activities include a scavenger hunt and making homemade butter.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Watkins Glen:
Come and watch the excitement of NASCAR racing during this annual series while you stay at one of our Finger Lakes luxury rentals. Racing takes place between August 8 to 11. Top racing stars will be doing their best to out maneuver each other as they continue their chase for the Sprint Cup. Watkins Glen International or The Glen, as it is affectionately called, is located near Seneca Lake.
Farm-to-Table Wine & Cooking Class Tour:
Go on a truly unique Finger Lakes tour as regional chef Samantha Buyskes escorts you through the various stages of creating a delicious local meal. First stop takes you to a real working farm where you’ll get to see the source of food and taste organic produce. The tour heads to the Silver Thread Vineyards to soak up the winery experience. Finally, join Chef Samantha for a cooking demonstration as she prepares an exquisite meal with locally grown foods. Tour takes place on August 10.
Starkey’s Cookout – Wings, Brew & BBQ Festival:
Bring a large appetite over to Starkey’s Lookout on the shores of Seneca Lake. Starkey’s has become the place to be due in large part to its popular events. On August 17, they will be hosting this fun festival where you can taste local craft beers, munch on some succulent chicken wings and barbecue while enjoying live music. Children under 21 and designated drivers get discounted tickets.
Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals has several luxury vacation rentals throughout the Finger Lakes region so call us to reserve your luxury accommodations today.
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?