The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
Spending your winter vacation in the Finger Lakes is one of the best decisions you can make, if you’re looking for old-fashioned outdoor fun. The main attraction is the beautiful parks, streams, lakes and forests that abound in this region. If you love the idea of skiing, hiking or simply walking in snow country, you’ll get a kick out of spending time here.
While you’re planning your escape from the usually stresses of everyday life, consider checking out Finger Lakes vacation rentals. We have some awesome luxury places to stay in the Finger Lakes during the winter months that are just as cozy and inviting as home.
Build a Glorious Snowman or Snow Woman
At the very top of our list of fun things to do is a time-honored favorite of young and old – building a snowman. When the white, fluffy stuff comes down and blankets the ground it’s hard to resist the giddy desire to go outdoors and feel it with your hands. There are plenty of areas that are prime snowman building territory. Start out with a small ball of snow and gradually roll it until it grows large enough to form body parts. After you’ve constructed the main body frame, the next fun part is finding creative ways to create his face and arms. Be sure to take a snapshot of your creation and post it on social media so family and friends can see your snowman.
Hey, there’s no rule that says you have to stop at just one snowperson. Build a snow woman, or a group of snow people, each having a unique character trait. Snowman building is one of those activities that make you feel like a kid again – and, that’s not a bad thing at all.
Hit the Ski Slopes
The Finger Lakes has some mighty fine skiing and you can spend lots of time on the powder white slopes when you visit Bristol Mountain. You’ll find plenty of thrills on one of its many slopes and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding wilderness. Bristol Mountain has the highest vertical rise between the Adirondacks and Rocky Mountains. Best of all, you can ski during the day and evening thanks to night lighting and then warm up in front of a cozy fire at one of our luxury Skaneateles vacation rentals.
Go On a Snowshoe or Walking Hike
If you prefer to walk along a snowy trail and take your time enjoying local wildlife and the forests, visit the Cummings Nature Center. Go on guided snowshoe hikes that provide hikers with plenty of fun exercise and interesting facts about the area. Alternatively, take a winter woods hike and explore areas teeming with deer, woodland animals and native plants.
Take Stunning Photographs of Natural Wonders
There is no beauty like natural beauty and you can capture some amazing snapshots of nature at its most alluring during the winter. Visit local parks that are open during this time of year and you’ll be drawn in by unique ice formations sitting amongst the stark stillness of bare trees. The slow moving waters of a gurgling brook or unfrozen waterfall occasionally break solemn quiet.
Another way to enjoy your stay here is to reserve a warm and cozy condo that is a home away from home. Warm up next to a crackling fire while sipping wine or hot chocolate. Check out these great Skaneateles vacation rental deals.
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?