Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
Skaneateles Lake has been described as having a “personality of its own,” and this “long lake” certainly lives up to that description during the winter months. Depending on the time of day you visit the lake, you’ll see a variety of unforgettable lake views. The lake is a focal point in the small village of Skaneateles, and when you’re right in the midst of this winter wonderland you’ll truly feel transported to a simpler time of life. There is no better place to escape to during your winter break than Skaneateles Lake, and you can choose one of several Skaneateles luxury rentals to live in while you relax near the lake.
Early Morning Lake View
Wake up in the morning to a magnificent view as you gaze outside one of the windows of your luxury rental home. Sip warm coffee, or hot cocoa, and enjoy the mesmerizing colors of the skyline just above the lake. As the sun rises, you’ll see a range of colors including orange, yellow, gray and misty blue.
This early morning winter sky is beautifully reflected on the lake’s glass-like waters, and as you gaze upon the lake you’ll understand why painters and photographers are inspired to capture scenes like this. Perhaps you’ll also be inspired to snap a few quick pictures to remember your days spent relaxing and enjoying this special lake.
Serene Winter Daytime View
Getting an up close and personal view of this gorgeous lake is one of the main reasons to stay in Skaneateles at one of our Skaneateles luxury rental homes during your winter break. Throw on a warm coat and a snug pair of gloves and go for a stroll along the lake. Take a break from walking and sit at one of the park benches strewn along the lakefront walking path. When you do you’ll likely feel the most wonderful sense of serenity. Water has a relaxing effect on the mind and body, and Skaneateles Lake has more water between its shores than any other Finger Lake. This means you’ll be able to get the most out of your time there.
On rare occasions, Skaneateles Lake freezes solid and becomes even more of a winter wonderland to its admirers. The frozen lake is covered in a glistening sheet of white ice and usually a thin layer of snow. But this freezing is so unpredictable that there’s no guarantee you’ll see it in a completely frozen state. Conditions must be just right to create a freezing effect such as the one Oneida Lake experiences regularly.
Evening Lake View
Evenings transform Skaneateles Lake into a colorful glistening panorama and you’ll see a mixture of soft colors such as pink, yellow, orange and purple. Watch the colors dance, change and finally fade away as darkness envelopes the lake. You can watch this natural light show repeatedly and never see the same thing twice.
Looking for places to stay in the Finger Lakes this winter season? Check out these warm and cozy luxury vacation homes offering you magnificent views of Skaneateles Lake.
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?