Check Out Skaneateles in July
Cozy and picturesque is a good way to describe the village of Skaneateles (Skan-ee-atlas). This eastern gateway to the Finger Lakes is situated next to the 16-mile long lake by the same name. Like many small towns in upstate New York, Skaneateles has its own special character. While strolling the quaint streets in the downtown district you really get a sense of history. The town has many older homes with some dating back as far as the 1700s. Town locals are friendly and take pride in preserving their cherished way of life and of course there are plenty of Skaneateles luxury rentals available for you to take advantage of.
Skaneateles has all of the modern conveniences that make staying here comfortable for locals and vacationers. However, the village is surrounded by gorgeous natural scenery that makes it easy to imagine what life was like here 100 years ago. Being an historic town, Skaneateles welcomes people from all over. Each summer, people come here to have a relaxing vacation experience. To pass the time you can browse the local galleries and shops for special one-of-a-kind items. You can enjoy a great meal at a local restaurant, or down a cold beer at a tavern. Life here is definitely laid back.
Summertime is a great season to check out this unique village along the lake. Speaking of the lake, you’ll be happy to know that you can easily get to Skaneateles lake from anywhere in town. There are walking paths that take you along the shoreline so you can see this magnificent body of water up close. Big city dwellers especially love the fresh air, greenery and shimmering water. Truly, there is no better way to rejuvenate the mind and body than by escaping to a place such as this where you can release all of that pent up stress.
As for a place to stay while you’re in the area, there are several well-kept vacation rentals in the Finger Lakes available for rent during the summer. People that stay in Skaneateles vacation rentals have the benefit of home living while away from home. Instead of squeezing into a cramped hotel room, you can live in a spacious home that includes a living room, kitchen, bath and cozy bedrooms. Imagine waking up in the morning to a view of the beautiful lake outside your window. You can make whatever meal you want and eat it indoors or outside. Whether you stay for a few days or longer, you’ll feel very much like a local while visiting.
During the month of July, Skaneateles is host to a boat show that features many classic and antique boats. Visitors can go down to the lake and check out the boats on display. You may even be able to get a ride in one. After that, stroll on down to the Skaneateles Historical Society museum at 28 Hannum Street. Learn all about the history of this charming village. If you’re in the mood for some good music, every Friday evening at 7:30pm there’s a live band playing at Clift Park over at the Gazebo.
You owe it to yourself to escape the stress of everyday life and come to this charming village for some good old-fashioned rest and relaxation. Book your Finger Lakes vacation rentals now.
- February is the Perfect Time to Fall in Love with a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental Home
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Discover Why People are Getting Away to Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Newest Addition is a Newly Built Custom Home on Skaneateles Lake
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- Discover the Finger Lakes with a Trip to Skaneateles This Summer
- Planning a Visit to Skaneateles This Summer, Spend Your Nights in Luxury and Privacy at Evans Lodge
- Enjoy September in the Finger Lakes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- Upstate Guide Service for Wonderful Fishing and Waterfowling
- There is Something Special About March in The Finger Lakes
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- Keeping Busy Around the Finger Lakes in January
- A Walking Tour of Skaneateles Reveals a Rich History
- Check Out Skaneateles in July
- Spring is the Perfect Time to Plan a Stay at Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals
- Consider a Fingerlakes Luxury Rental for Your Next Vacation
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake