There is a chill in the air, come warm up with a quick Skaneateles NY vacation
The temperatures are dropping, and snow is in the air, it’s the perfect time to get out of the city for a weekend getaway to beautiful Skaneateles in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Just 20 minutes from Syracuse, and a short drive from many Northeast cities, Skaneateles is the perfect destination for a weekend getaway to refresh your spirit and soak in the crisp fall air.
Explore Wineries, Fine Dining, History, and Shopping in the Skaneateles Area
With an exhilarating chill in the air and fewer crowds than in the summer months, now is the perfect time to explore Skaneateles and the surrounding Finger Lakes area. From wineries and fine dining to museums, unique shopping, and outdoor activities, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Our Finger Lakes vacation rentals are located in the heart of all the area has to offer.
Anyela’s Winery in Skaneateles offers daily tastings and a beautiful lake view as you savor a glass of their finest. You can enjoy farm-to-table goodness at the Mirbeau Inn & Spa, elegant dining with a lake view at 1820 House Restaurant, or fine French food at Joelle’s French Bistro. For more casual dining options, try a delicious slice at Valentine’s Pizza and Deli, or enjoy the family-friendly Willow Glen Café.
History buffs can explore the house where abolitionist and social activist Harriet Tubman lived in freedom or visit the home of William Seward who was Secretary of State under President Lincoln and President Andrew Johnson.
If you want to bring home something special to remember your trip, enjoy a stroll through Skaneateles and discover antique treasures, jewelry, or unique fashions. When you need to warm up, step into Skaneateles Bakery and Café for a steaming cup of freshly-brewed coffee and a decadent cupcake or fluffy muffin.
Outdoor Adventures Await
For the adventurous, Greek Peak Mountain Resort provides year-round excitement. Skiing, snow tubing and snowshoeing provide winter fun, but even if there is no snow there are so many more activities to explore. Experience an adrenaline rush as you fly through the air on a zip line or zoom downhill on the mountain coaster. Test your balance on the high ropes course or explore the area on a mountain bike. There is even an adventure play area for the youngest in your group.
Stunning Accommodations Provide a Cozy Home Base
After a day of adventure, shopping, wine tasting or sampling local cuisine, Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals are the ideal place to stay when exploring this region. There are a wide variety of accommodations to choose from to fit any size group. If you want to stay right on the lake, Burtis Point is the ideal place. This three-bedroom house is located on level lakefront and is perfect for a few families or a small friend group. If you have your own boat, you can set off across the lake from your private dock, or you can jump in the provided kayaks to explore. When the day is coming to an end, slow down and take the time to bask in the glory of a gorgeous sunset around the blazing stone fire pit with family or friends. Make s’mores, relive the fun of the day, and make plans for tomorrow.
The Samuel Adams is another one of the Skaneateles Lake vacation rentals located on the lake, and is the dream house for a large extended family or friend group. This six-bedroom, 4 ½ bath Tudor estate, once owned by renowned writer Samuel Hopkins Adams, is absolutely gorgeous! The fully-appointed chef’s kitchen is the perfect place to gather to create a gourmet meal and many amazing memories. Two living areas and a billiard room, two with fireplaces, provide plenty of space to play games, catch up and stay warm when the temperature drops. The two large sitting porches are heated, providing a cozy spot to watch the early morning sun rising over the lake. Four kayaks and two paddleboards are available for setting off on adventures.
When you stay at one of our vacation rentals in Skaneateles, you will leave with warm memories of special times shared.
- There is a chill in the air, come warm up with a quick Skaneateles NY vacation
- Skaneateles Has a Luxury Vacation Waiting for You Right Here in Central New York
- Don’t Let the Summer Slip Away Without a Stay on the Finger Lakes
- Save gas with a short trip To a Skaneateles Lake luxury vacation rental
- It’s Time for Some Fresh Air and the Finger Lakes
- Now is The Perfect Time to Make Your Finger Lakes Vacation Plans (Don’t Wait!)
- Take a Winter Break in the Finger Lakes This Year
- Come enjoy the Finger Lakes and a cozy fireplace.
- The Fall colors are starting to pop in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- The Finger Lakes Region is Beginning to Gather Again
- February is the Perfect Time to Fall in Love with a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental Home
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Discover Why People are Getting Away to Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Newest Addition is a Newly Built Custom Home on Skaneateles Lake
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- Discover the Finger Lakes with a Trip to Skaneateles This Summer
- Planning a Visit to Skaneateles This Summer, Spend Your Nights in Luxury and Privacy at Evans Lodge
- Enjoy September in the Finger Lakes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- Upstate Guide Service for Wonderful Fishing and Waterfowling
- There is Something Special About March in The Finger Lakes
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- Keeping Busy Around the Finger Lakes in January
- A Walking Tour of Skaneateles Reveals a Rich History
- Check Out Skaneateles in July
- Spring is the Perfect Time to Plan a Stay at Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals
- Consider a Fingerlakes Luxury Rental for Your Next Vacation
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake