Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
There is plenty to do year round in the Finger Lakes, but summer is the best time of year to enjoy the many delights this region has to offer. With summer in full swing, you can find lots to do while making one of our Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals your home base. The warm weather, beautiful skies and gorgeous countryside are the perfect backdrop for a variety of summer activities.
There are several world-class water parks in the Finger Lakes area, all of which have fun activities for all ages. Hot tubs for the adults, water playgrounds with water cannons and slides for the kids, lazy rivers for floating in an innertube and impressive wave pools offer indoor/outdoor fun. At some water parks, there are indoor sections so you can entertain the kids even on a rainy day.
This is what the Finger Lakes are famous for, with over 100 wineries offering tastings. Many wineries offer cheese & fruit platters, small plates and even full meals with their tastings. During the summer months, many of the wineries have music and entertainment on the weekends. You can buy a bottle of wine and enjoy it on the patio or deck while listening to local musicians. We recommend staying at one of the many luxurious places to stay in the Finger Lakes and taking an Uber or taxi ride home so you can enjoy the event without worrying about driving.
Although less famous, the Finger Lakes Beer Trail has nearly 75 local breweries featuring local IPAs, stouts and other offerings, including hard ciders and more. We offer several places to stay near Skaneateles for your family and friends to stay and relax during the day, then head to the breweries for some beer flights and pub grub.
Food Festivals & Food Trucks
Summertime means BBQ, brats and ethnic foods in the Finger Lakes area. Many of the wineries and breweries sponsor food trucks on scheduled weekends, but these lovely little food wagons pop up all over the region during the summer, and the food is always amazing. If you have a favorite food truck or cuisine, search for a schedule online and you can track it down while you’re staying in one of our Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals. The best part? No cooking and cleanup, just fabulous eats!
Most of the larger Finger Lakes offer boat cruises of various kinds and durations, including the Mid Lakes’ offerings of a sightseeing tour and a dinner tour on our own Lake Skaneateles. Relax and unwind while your tour guide introduces you to some of the most beautiful scenery in the area. Breezes will cool you as you skim the surface of the water for an unforgettable afternoon or evening.
Kayaking and Paddle Boarding
Enjoying the water at a relaxed pace is the objective for paddle boarders and kayakers on the Finger Lakes. Summer is the best time to take advantage of silky water, sunshine and beautiful plants, trees and wild animals you’ll see while on the water. If you’re a wild animal watcher, there’s no better way to spot herons, cormorants, ducks, river otters and more.
There are many places to stay in the Finger Lakes, but our Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals offer more amenities and space than most others and are ideally located to take advantage of the many summer activities of the Finger Lakes. We know you’ll agree that coming home to a beautifully decorated, luxurious home at the end of the day is far better than staying in any impersonal hotel. Come out to the Finger Lakes and enjoy the Summer!
- Escape to Serenity: Luxurious Waterfront Vacation Homes in Skaneateles and the Finger Lakes
- Luxury Reimagined: Unmatched Finger Lakes Vacation Home Rentals in Skaneateles, NY
- Skaneateles is Heating Up with the Start of Vacation Season
- Are You Ready to Just Get Away from It All
- Start the New Year off With a Trip to the Finger Lakes
- The changing leaves in Fall make this the perfect time to visit Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Save gas with a short trip To a Skaneateles Lake luxury vacation rental
- Cold weather fans, enjoy the Finger Lakes one more time before Springtime arrives
- Come enjoy the Finger Lakes and a cozy fireplace.
- Don’t Let the Colder Weather Stop You from Enjoying the Finger Lakes for the Holidays
- Skaneateles, NY is the perfect place to be in the Fall
- Enjoy a luxury vacation close to home in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?