Start the New Year off With a Trip to the Finger Lakes
The rush of the holidays is over, and now is the perfect time to recharge your batteries and reset your outlook to start your new year off right. If you are looking for a place where you will be surrounded by beautiful lakes and mountains, but close to wineries, fine dining, outdoor activities and unique shopping, a stay in the Finger Lakes is the perfect getaway.
Relaxation on the Lake
If you just want to get away from it all and enjoy the beauty of nature with family or friends, a stay in one of our Finger Lakes vacation rentals provides a welcoming home base. Redtail Lane is a quiet retreat with 200 feet of private shoreline on one of the most beautiful lakes in the area. A wraparound porch provides a perfect spot for slowing down and viewing the gorgeous sunrises or sunsets. A fire pit keeps you warm while reconnecting with loved ones and sharing stories of the adventures of the day. If you want to gather around and cook a cozy meal together, a recently renovated kitchen has everything you need. This property has three bedrooms and a unique all-season sleeping porch that is heated in the winter, so it can accommodate up to 10 people.
Explore Unique Shops and Sample Local Cuisine
If you’re hungry, you have a large array of fine dining options to choose from in Skaneateles. The Sherwood Inn serves fresh, flavorful, locally sourced dishes and was a winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Moro’s Kitchen serves house-made pastas, delicious meats and seafood, gelatos and indulgent desserts. If you’re looking for something for the younger palates, there are an abundance of restaurants serving pizza, burgers and sandwiches.
If you want to take some of the delicious regional food and products home with you, Vernak Country Store has a selection of Amish foods, gifts, local products and wines and beers. If you love to hunt for treasures in antique stores, you will find plenty of options to explore such as Skaneateles Antiques and Brown Dog Antiques. You can also find unique clothing and jewelry, books, locally-made crafts, home decor and gifts.
If you like to be in the center of the action, there are vacation rentals in Skaneateles that are just a short walk into town. The pet-friendly Franklin St. has a large, fenced backyard for your furry family members, and a beautiful deck for gathering. It is located next door to Rosalie’s Cucina, and a short walk to all of the shops and restaurants.
The Finger Lakes area is known for outdoor winter fun, and when you stay in one of our Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals, you have access to all the area has to offer. Greek Peak is the largest ski resort in the area, and has something for everyone, with forty-four ski trails, snow tubing, a mountain coaster, and an indoor waterpark when you are ready to get in from the cold. Rice Hill is a great hill for sledding and has two ponds for ice skating. Highland Forest Country Park is a beautiful area to explore on Nordic ski trails or on a cozy horse-drawn sleigh ride.
Discover Local History and Culture
The Finger Lakes area is rich in history and culture. Visit the Harriet Tubman House to learn more about the life of the former slave who escaped and then rescued fellow slaves through the network known as the Underground Railroad. For aviation fans, the National Soaring Museum is a great place to learn about the history of motorless flight. Art lovers will enjoy visiting the John D. Burrow Art Gallery to check out the landscapes and portraits of the Hudson River School artist.
Whether you enjoy relaxing, outdoor adventure, fine dining, shopping, or history and culture, The Finger Lakes region is the perfect place to start your new year off right. When you stay at one of our Skaneateles Lake vacation rentals, you and your family or friends will feel right at home in luxurious comfort and will be just a short distance from all there is to experience here.
- Start the New Year off With a Trip to the Finger Lakes
- The changing leaves in Fall make this the perfect time to visit Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Save gas with a short trip To a Skaneateles Lake luxury vacation rental
- Cold weather fans, enjoy the Finger Lakes one more time before Springtime arrives
- Come enjoy the Finger Lakes and a cozy fireplace.
- Don’t Let the Colder Weather Stop You from Enjoying the Finger Lakes for the Holidays
- Skaneateles, NY is the perfect place to be in the Fall
- Enjoy a luxury vacation close to home in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?