Enjoy One of Our “Toasty” Luxury Vacation Homes for a Quick December Getaway
If you are looking for a December getaway with family or friends in a beautiful winter wonderland, Skaneateles is the perfect spot. Located in the Finger Lakes region of New York, you will find outdoor winter fun, holiday events, a wide variety of shopping and dining options, and cozy accommodations.
Fun in the Snow and Ice
The Skaneateles area is a winter playground with access to activities for every age and interest, and our Finger Lakes vacation rentals put you in the center of all the fun! Greek Peak Mountain Resort is the largest ski resort in Central New York with 55 trails, a beginners’ slope and four terrain parks. If you are not a downhill skier or snowboarder, you can hit the groomed cross-country or snowshoe trails. If you prefer gliding across the ice, there are 8 skating rinks, both indoor and outdoor, and a variety of sledding and tubing hills.
When you want to get out of the snow and warm up, Cascades Indoor Waterpark is always a toasty 84, and will provide hours of fun on the waterslides, wave pools and special play areas for the youngest members of your group.
Farmers Markets, Hikes and Holiday Fun
If winter sports are not your jam, or if you are ready to take a day off from the slopes, there are so many other activities to enjoy in the Skaneateles area. The beautiful Baltimore Woods Nature Center provides opportunities to stroll through nature as well as themed events like Caroling in the Woods and a winter solstice hike. They also host an indoor farmers market where you can find high-quality locally grown and produced meats, fresh vegetables, maple products, prepared foods, baked goods, coffee, and unique handcrafted items. You can even acquire the ingredients to take back to one of our Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals to make a delicious dinner with your family or friends.
Dickens Christmas provides holiday fun for the whole family during the month of December. Enjoy strolling carolers and sing-alongs, performances by brass bands, chorale chamber singers, guitar ensembles, and dance performances. Children will enjoy listening to “Dickens” reading his stories, entering the snowman-building competition, and going on a horse-drawn wagon ride. Couples can enjoy a romantic carriage ride through the charming village.
Your Home away from Home
After a day of winter fun, you will enjoy heading back to one of our vacation rentals in Skaneateles to warm up and connect with family or friends. If you have a larger group, the Evans Lodge is the perfect place for you. This beautiful craftsman-style lodge is located on 20 private acres, giving you the feeling of being in a country lodge. Yet it is only a two-minute drive into downtown Skaneateles, making it a convenient location for enjoying all of the delicious dining options and unique shopping found on Main Street.
The lodge has 6 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, and 4 ½ baths over three levels, so there is plenty of room for everyone to feel comfortable. A fireplace and outdoor firepit provide cozy gathering spots, and a wet bar with a wine refrigerator provides a place to serve that new wine you may have bought at the vineyard. The spacious kitchen is big enough for everyone to gather around and create a delicious meal and enjoy a relaxed evening of conversation, games, puzzles or whatever fun activities your group enjoys.
There are also options for Skaneateles Lake vacation rentals for smaller groups or families, such as Lakewood Lane. This beautiful, newly-renovated lakefront cottage has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and two Pottery Barn sleeper sofas to accommodate additional members of your group. You can enjoy watching the sunset over the lake from the deck or by the warmth of the firepit. The chef’s kitchen has seating for 7, and space to create a feast with your friends or family. There is a living room on each of the two levels, providing plenty of indoor gathering spots.
Come to Skaneateles for your next weekend getaway and enjoy making warm winter memories with family and friends!
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has Your Perfect Luxury Vacation Home in the Skaneateles Area
- Fall in Love with Skaneateles, New York this February
- Start the New Year off With a Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy One of Our “Toasty” Luxury Vacation Homes for a Quick December Getaway
- There is a chill in the air, come warm up with a quick Skaneateles NY vacation
- The changing leaves in Fall make this the perfect time to visit Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Skaneateles Has a Luxury Vacation Waiting for You Right Here in Central New York
- Don’t Let the Summer Slip Away Without a Stay on the Finger Lakes
- Save gas with a short trip To a Skaneateles Lake luxury vacation rental
- Plan a Staycation at a luxury Skaneateles Lake vacation rental
- It’s Time for Some Fresh Air and the Finger Lakes
- Now is The Perfect Time to Make Your Finger Lakes Vacation Plans (Don’t Wait!)
- Cold weather fans, enjoy the Finger Lakes one more time before Springtime arrives
- Take a Winter Break in the Finger Lakes This Year
- Come enjoy the Finger Lakes and a cozy fireplace.
- Don’t Let the Colder Weather Stop You from Enjoying the Finger Lakes for the Holidays
- Skaneateles, NY is the perfect place to be in the Fall
- The Fall colors are starting to pop in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a luxury vacation close to home in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- The Finger Lakes Region is Beginning to Gather Again
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- February is the Perfect Time to Fall in Love with a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental Home
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- De-Stress with a Trip to the Skaneateles Region of the Finger Lakes
- Discover Why People are Getting Away to Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- A Luxury Vacation Getaway is Closer than you Think
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Offers Some of the Best Places to Stay in Skaneateles NY
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Newest Addition is a Newly Built Custom Home on Skaneateles Lake
- Plan a Holiday Vacation at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals
- November is the Perfect Time to Check Out One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Treat Yourself to a Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Today
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- Discover the Finger Lakes with a Trip to Skaneateles This Summer
- Pets Deserve a Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Too
- Planning a Visit to Skaneateles This Summer, Spend Your Nights in Luxury and Privacy at Evans Lodge
- February Is The Perfect Time to Fall in Love With Skaneateles Vacation Rentals
- Start the New Year Off Right With a Trip Through the Finger Lakes
- Holiday Season in the Finger Lakes Region
- Plan a Fall Getaway with a Skaneateles Vacation
- Enjoy September in the Finger Lakes
- There’s Still Time to Book A Vacation Getaway Before School Starts
- July is a Great Time to be in Skaneateles, New York
- Spend Mother’s Day in the Finger Lakes
- April is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation
- It’s Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- This Year Plan to Stay With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- New Year’s is the Perfect Time for a Stay at One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Why Stay in a Stuffy Hotel When You Can Enjoy a Luxury Vacation Home
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Treat Yourself to a Stay at a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental Vacation Home
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Come to Skaneateles Lake This Holiday Season
- Springtime is Bursting Out Around the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- Keeping Busy Around the Finger Lakes in January