Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
While you may think of the Finger Lakes as a warm weather destination, wintertime is a great time to stay in the Finger Lakes, when there are fewer crowds and tons of winter activities to keep you busy. Our Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals put you in the thick of things when winter activities and local destinations can keep your heart warm.
Try Out Some Winter Sports
The Finger Lakes area is home to beautiful lakes surrounded by snow-capped mountains that offer a multitude of winter sports. There are several world class ski lodges in the area where you can test your skills on the slopes, go cross country skiing through magical forested areas or try your hand on the moguls. Snowboarding is also popular in the region, as is snowmobiling. Bring your own gear or rent it at local outfitters, then return to one of our Finger Lakes vacation rentals to relax in front of a roaring fire or whip up a hearty meal in a gourmet kitchen.
Soak Up Some Culture
When the weather outside is frightful, indulging in some cultural pursuits in the Finger Lakes is a great alternative. The cozy warmth and architectural beauty of the Smith Opera House in nearby Geneva offers first class productions. You can enjoy a symphony orchestra, a rock band or classic movies in this Romanesque gem of a theater.
There are several regional museums open year round in the Finger Lakes, including the George Eastman Museum, filled with photographs and film in a gorgeous Colonial mansion house. For anyone who is a kid at heart, the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester is ideal. Children will revel in the interactive activities and visits to Sesame Street and the Butterfly House.
Learn About Local History
The Culture Center at Ganondagan State Historic Site will immerse you in the history and culture of the Seneca and Iroquois Indians through the Culture Center’s exhibits, recreations, films and special events.
When you’ve discovered all you can about Native American culture, travel to Corning’s Museum of Glass. Our vacation rentals in Skaneateles are located an easy drive from Corning, where you’ll marvel at the long (thousands of years!) and fascinating history of glass in its myriad forms. Stunning examples of the glass maker’s art and evolution will enthrall you. You’ll even have the chance to create your own decorative glass creation.
Indulge in Some Spirits
Even during the coldest month, the dozens of wineries, distilleries and breweries in the area offer tours and tastings. Try some of the finest wines in the world or try some regional liquors, ranging from moonshine to fine, aged whiskies. Because there are fewer visitors during the winter months, you’ll have more opportunities to talk to bartenders, distillers and brew masters. It’s a great opportunity to learn a bit about their craft.
Shop and Save
The Waterloo Premium Outlets, just off the New York thruway, will save you anywhere from 25% to 60% or more on name brand clothes, shows, home goods and luxury items. You can also visit the many local shops in the many picturesque towns like Skaneateles, where after Christmas sales will abound.
After days sent exploring the winter delights of the Finger Lakes area, you’ll welcome the comforts of our vacation rentals in Skaneateles , where beautiful surroundings and luxurious comforts will envelope you in warmth even though it’s cold outside.
- Enjoy a luxury vacation close to home in the Finger Lakes
- There is still time to enjoy the summer in Skaneateles
- Is it time for a normal summer getaway in the Finger Lakes?
- May is a Good Time to Consider Getting Away to the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Has the Perfect Luxury Vacation Home for Your Family
- Getting Away from it All is Only a Short Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?