Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
While you are admiring the view from your lakefront Skaneateles rentals home during a winter stay you may have a sudden urge to go ice skating. This idea may come about while gazing at the sheet of ice covering up the lake. It sure would be nice if people could go out onto the lake and skate. There certainly is tons of ice and the scenery is breathtaking. But, even if the lakes aren’t frozen enough when you take your trip there are plenty of alternatives.
So, what can you do to satisfy this skating urge?
Go to one of the local skating rinks.
Ice skating is a popular activity during the winter months in the Finger Lakes. Skating rinks are a safe way to have a lot of fun and get some exercise. Each rink has a schedule for open skate times when anyone can come in and enjoy the facilities. All skill levels are welcome. If you have not put on a pair of ice skates in a long time this is a chance to renew that old passion. If you want to try out skating for the first time go for it!
Cass Park Ice Rink, Ithaca, NY
The rink at Cass Park is always buzzing with activity. The ice rink is open 7 days a week, except holidays and special events. Individual and group rates are available. This is a very friendly atmosphere for both kids and adults at all skating levels. You can even have a birthday party here.
Clinton Square Ice Rink, Syracuse, NY
Just a short drive from any of our Skaneateles luxury rentals, the Clinton Square Ice Rink is a large rink that attracts thousands of skaters during the season. Be prepared for crowds at the most popular times. The rink is open 7 days a week, except holidays. They have skating specials for groups, family night and a lunch time skate. A parent must accompany kids under 18 after dark.
Greater Canandaigua Civic Center, Canandaigua, NY
The Greater Canandaigua Civic Center rink plays host to high school and professional hockey games. They have open skating hours for the public Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Skating time is limited.
J. M. McDonald Sports Complex Ice Arena, Cortland, NY
Our Finger Lakes vacation rentals are also close to the J.M. McDonald Sports Complex Ice Arena, this is a fun place to skate for all ages. Enjoy public skating on weekends. There is a Monday through Friday afternoon lunch skate. Have a blast skating to music on Friday nights at their Rock ‘n Roll skate. Adults must accompany kids.
Wind Down Afterwards
After you have skated to your heart’s content, return to the cozy digs of your Finger Lakes rental property and relax by the fire. Enjoy a warm mug of hot chocolate as you unwind and reminisce about the great time you had at the rink.
Contact us at Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals to plan your next winter vacation.
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?