There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
Maybe you’re wondering if there is anything interesting to do now that summer is officially over. Do things slow down in this neck of the woods after those active warm summer months?
Not as much as you might think. In fact, when you come visit the Finger Lakes region during October you’ll find plenty
of entertaining activities to keep you busy.
Keuka Brewing Brewmaster Dinner – Canandaigua, NY
Come celebrate Fall with a delicious dinner spread featuring creative dishes prepared by chefs. This isn’t just any dinner – it’s a four-course meal. Enjoy creative spins on dishes such as apple cabbage slaw, pan-seared Montauk scallops with butternut squash puree, pork sausage and warm kale salad and beef brisket with roasted mushrooms. Cost: $55 per person. Register at www.nywcc.com. October 9.
Woodstock Bus Trip: Geneva Historical Society – Geneva, NY
Memories of the original Woodstock Festival live on at the Bethel Woods Center for the Performing Arts. Take a laid back bus trip from Geneva to Bethel and enjoy a guided tour of the museum’s multi-media experience combining music, film, artifacts, interactive displays and more. This tour is sponsored by the Geneva Historical Society. Bus leaves the Geneva History Museum at 8am and returns at 9pm. Tour cost: $75 per person. Call 315-780-5151 for reservations. October 9.
Treleaven Harvest Fest – King Ferry, NY
This rousing two-day festival is a celebration of fall that includes great food, live entertainment, wine and beer tastings, a pumpkin painting contest and the traditional stomping of the grapes. The fun starts at 10am and ends at 5pm. Free admission for all ages. Food and beverages are available for purchase. October 10 and 11.
Chestnut Festival: Goose Watch Winery – Romulus, NY
If you’ve ever wondered what roasted chestnuts taste like, here’s your opportunity to eat as many as you want! Goose Watch Winery is sharing their bounty of chestnuts from their grove of trees and there’s plenty to go around. Sample a variety of foods featuring chestnuts including ice cream and sweet cake. BBQ meals and sides are available for purchase. Listen to live music while enjoying fall foliage. Free admission. Event is 12pm to 5pm. October 17.
Finger Lakes Beer Festival: The Glen – Watkins Glen, NY
The Glen race track isn’t just for racing – it’s also a place to celebrate some of New York State’s finest homegrown breweries, distilleries and cider makers. Advance tickets: $35; Event: $40. Visit www.theglen.com for more information. October 24.
Murder on the Menu Murder Mystery Dinner – Canandaigua, NY
There’s nothing like a good murder mystery at dinner to get the evening off to an intriguing start. Help solve this live mystery while enjoying a delicious buffet dinner. Fun starts at 6:30pm. Reservations: 585-374-9031. October 27.
The Best of Seneca West Wine Tour: Seneca Wine Trail
Enjoy a magnificent day of wine tasting and site seeing as you take this guided tour along the Seneca Wine Trail. Tour includes transportation, lunch and food pairings. Cost: $145 per person. Reservations: 607-233-4818. October 31.
Are you looking for spacious and affordable places to stay in the Finger Lakes? Finger Lakes vacation rentals are a big improvement over small hotel rooms. Check out our great Finger Lakes vacation homes and book a cozy rental home with a magnificent lake view.
- Enjoy a Personal Stimulus with a Vacation at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Taking a “Staycation” During the Time of COVID
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?