Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals whats to remind you that wine season never ends in the Finger Lakes. Plan a weekend stay at one of our Skaneateles vacation rentals and find out what we mean.
Wine is certainly a big attraction here in the Finger Lakes. People come from near and far to go on a wine tour. There is something special about being in the middle of wine country. The scenic atmosphere is absolutely beautiful. Many visitors assume that wine season is only during the spring, summer and autumn months. However, the truth is that wine season never ends!
Wine lovers visiting the area during the winter months are welcome to go on any of the popular wine trails. The only difference is that you need to bundle up in warm clothing. The landscape is going to be dusted with snow, but inside of the wineries you will find all sorts of vintages that take the chill away instantly. Many wineries are going to have special discounts and bargains during these colder months. Visitors are able to find some spectacular deals just by braving the cold and Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals has the perfect vacation home rental where you can rest your head after you are done exploring.
Even in winter you may have a hard time deciding which wine trail to explore. There are three: Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, Seneca Lake Wine Trail and Keuka Lake Wine Trail. All three have their own unique advantages.
Cayuga Lake Wine Trail
Enjoy the breathtaking views as you travel along America’s first organized wine trail. Tours began here in 1983. Back then inviting people to visit local wineries was a new idea. From the start the wine tour concept was popular and has now grown to become hugely popular around the country.
There are 15 family owned boutique wineries along the trail. Among them they have won more than 5,400 wine awards. These wineries are a must for anyone that desires to taste exquisite vintages from the Cayuga Lake region. These wines rival what you’ll find in France and California.
The Cayuga Wine Trail tour offers two unique wine sampler cases featuring award-winning Riesling, Chardonnay, white and red wines. The trail is with easy driving distance of one of our Finger Lakes vacation rentals.
Seneca Lake Wine Trail
Visit the most active and largest wine trail among the three. Back in the 1880s this area was the site of grape breeding and research. There were a few vineyards back then but Prohibition stopped all wine production. Today, the trail is home to over 30 amazing wineries that produce world-class Riesling, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines.
In addition to wine, select wineries are offering the trail’s 25th Anniversary Cookbook featuring more than 200 fabulous recipes that can be paired with wine.
All year round you can enjoy the beautiful views of Seneca Lake while visiting an array of popular wineries.
Keuka Lake Wine Trail
Keuka Lake is where the very first bonded winery was founded back in 1860. It is also the region that sparked the modern Finger Lakes winemaking era by growing Vinifera vines. This is where you will find an interesting and diverse collection of wineries and wines.
This trail has the fewest wineries, which makes it easy for visitors to take in the whole trail within a day. Enjoy local sites like antique barns and quaint villages.
Plan on taking one or more of these tours while staying at a Finger Lakes rental home and explore our beautiful wine trails all year round.
- Does Day to Day Living Have You Down, Get Away to a Finger Lakes Luxury Rental
- Families are Planning Vacations Closer to Home This Summer Due to COVID-19
- The Finger Lakes are a Great Place to Social Distance as Areas Begin to Re-Open Post COVID-19
- Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals Will be Waiting For You When COVID-19 is Over
- Romance is Always in the Air When You Stay with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Five Ways to Get Cozy With a Winter Stay at One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Homes
- Wintertime is a Great Time to Stay in the Finger Lakes
- Enjoy the Fall in the Finger Lakes with a Stay at a Luxury Finger Lakes Vacation Rental
- You Can Now Stay in the Opulent and Historic Samuel Hopkins Adams House on Beautiful Owasco Lake!
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?