See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
Now that you’ve settled into fall, it’s time to start thinking about what to do during those days leading up to the holiday season, and how you’re going to spend Thanksgiving weekend. If you’re thinking about a Finger Lakes vacation and need some suggestions about what to do around the region, we found some fun things happening in the area this month.
Guided Bird Walk: Cornell Lab of Ornithology – Ithaca, NY
Communing with nature is both fun and educational when you go on a guided bird walk at the world famous Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Discover things you never knew about birds and bird habitat while walking a scenic outdoor trail at Sapsucker woods. Tours are given on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Susan B. Anthony Voting Rights Pioneer – Rochester, NY
November is an election month for men and women who are proud to participate in our democracy. Voting is a right that was fought for with passion by women such as Susan B. Anthony. Ms. Anthony’s legacy lives on at a museum dedicated to sharing the historical importance of her efforts for women’s suffrage. Visit the museum for an hour or two and enjoy its many artifacts, photos and interactive displays celebrating Ms. Anthony’s life and work.
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat – Rochester, NY
Hurry and grab your tickets to see Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young head up a fantastic Broadway production of this all-time favorite musical. DeGarmo and Young, both past American Idol performers, help bring Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s musical score to brilliant life. This biblical inspired musical is about the adventures of Joseph who experiences trials and triumphs after being given a dreamcoat by his brothers.
Christkindle Market at Granger Homestead – Canandaigua, NY
Come out to the scenic Granger Homestead for the annual Christkindle Market event. Hop aboard Molly the Trolley and visit over 100 shops, restaurants and galleries. Be entertained by live music while indulging in tasty foods, beer, grog and wine. There’s a lot to see and do at the market so dress comfortably and get ready to shop, eat and see lots of beautiful handcrafted items and art.
Art Gone Wild! Art Exhibit, Sale and Auction: Rosamond Gifford Zoo – Syracuse, NY
Stay at one of our Skaneateles luxury vacation rentals and spend a day at the zoo admiring the animals and their creative “artwork.” Stroll around and view amusing and amazing artwork pieces created by various zoo animals. You’re sure to be inspired by art created by feet, paws, hooves and trunks. Artwork can be purchased at the evening sale and auction.
Thanksgiving Weekend Hidden Treasures of the Cayuga East Wine and Lunch Tour – Ithaca, NY
Find hidden treasures while learning about Finger Lakes Wine. The tour begins at King Ferry Winery where you’ll be treated to a tour of the winery. Next, you’ll get to sample varieties of wine paired with locally made cheeses. The tour continues on to Pumpkin Hill Bistro where you’ll dine on a three course lunch featuring foods made from local sources. After lunch, more wine tasting (and chocolate) follows.
Begin your holiday celebrations by staying at one of our warm and cozy Finger Lakes vacation rentals. Book a weekend or a week and enjoy scenic beauty as you browse, shop and enjoy delicious local foods and wine.
- Summer is in Full Swing and It Is the Perfect Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- Forget the Hotel Room, Chose a Luxury Vacation Rental Instead
- May is the Perfect Time for A Spring Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Looking for a Gorgeous Getaway? Take a Look at What’s New at Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Plan a Cozy Vacation in Skaneateles This Winter With a Stay at One of Our Luxury Houses
- Fall in Love with One of Our Skaneateles Luxury Rental Homes
- Enjoy the Finger Lakes This Fall With a Stay in Skaneateles, New York
- Luxury is Close to Home With Our Skaneateles Luxury Rentals
- April Showers Won’t Put A Damper on a Luxury Skaneateles Vacation
- This February Fall in Love With Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Celebrate The Holiday’s With a Weekend Stay At One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Have A Scary Good Weekend With a Stay in One of Our Finger Lakes Luxury Homes
- Spend a Weekend in Skaneateles
- The History of the Finger Lakes
- Time to Consider a Finger Lakes Vacation Before School Starts
- 5 Things to do in Skaneateles this Summer
- There is Plenty Happening in June Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals, Your Home Away from Home
- Springtime in the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Luxury Vacation Rentals vs. Hotels
- Start Your Next Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- It’s All About Valentine’s Day Around the Finger Lakes
- Skaneateles Lake Turns Into a Winter Wonderland in December
- December is a Great Time to Visit the Finger Lakes
- There’s No Slowing Down the Finger Lakes in October
- Plan Your Early Fall Vacation with Finger Lakes Luxury Rentals
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has Two New Luxury Accommodations
- August Around the Finger Lakes
- July is Bursting Out All Over the Finger Lakes
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Enjoy Skaneateles Lake
- June in the Finger Lakes Region
- Luxury Vacation Getaways in the Finger Lakes
- March is the Perfect Time to Book Your Summer Stay on Skaneateles Lake
- March in the Finger Lakes Has Plenty to Offer Visitors
- Why Any Finger Lakes Vacation Should Start With A Fingerlakes Luxury Rental
- Here’s What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in February
- The Top Things to Do Outdoors in the Finger Lakes During the Winter
- See What Is Happening Around the Finger Lakes in November
- Check Out the Changing Leaves With a Weekend Stay in the Finger Lakes
- What’s Happening Around the Finger Lakes in August
- June is Heating Up the Finger Lakes
- Plenty to Do in May Around the Finger Lakes
- Mother’s Day is the Perfect Time for a Finger Lakes Vacation Rentals Getaway
- The Finger Lakes in April
- Skaneateles, New York in March
- Around the Finger Lakes in March
- Fingerlakes Luxury Rentals Has the Luxury Vacation for You
- There is a Lot Going On Around the Finger Lakes in January
- Ice Skating, Hot Chocolate and Roaring Fires the Finger Lakes Way
- Wine Season Never Ends in the Finger Lakes
- December Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- The History of Skaneateles Lake
- Destiny USA: Just a Short Drive from Skaneateles
- Spend the Weekend Exploring the Charlie Major Nature Park
- Plan Your Fall Vacation Around the Changing Leaves
- The Finger Lakes Region in October
- Fall is a Good Time to Visit a Finger Lakes Region Farmer’s Market
- Summer is the Perfect Time to Visit Skaneateles New York
- With “Back to School” Time Approaching, Consider a Quick Finger Lakes Day Trip
- Thinking About a Finger Lakes Vacation? Bring Your Pet Along!
- August Happenings Around the Finger Lakes
- Summertime Means Baseball: The Finger Lake Region is Home to Several Professional Baseball Teams
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Vacation Home
- In The Finger Lakes, Summer is The Time For Festivals
- Finger Lakes Luxury Vacation Rentals Adds Managed Properties to their Portfolio
- Historical Harriet Tubman Home Offers Glimpse Into the Life of a Remarkable Woman
- The Rich History of Skaneateles Lake
- Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes: Which Option is Right for You?